"Of course man! This is my girl! We go way back, don't we Princess?" His arm squeezed tighter around my shoulders in reassurance and warning.

       All I could do was nod.

       "Tut, tut, Buttercup. What have we told you about running off?" Denton's teasing chuckle came from my right, but Trey's arm wouldn't let me move my head enough to look at him.

       "Sorry..." I mumbled against the mountain's shirt. Denton only laughed some more. I could see Brett out of the corner of my left eye, and he was the only one out of the three that didn't seem happy at all. As a matter of fact, he was glaring at Jason like he was a gross piece of gum stuck to the bottom of his shoe.

       "Oh, so you'll fuck three delinquents, but not me?" Jason's voice was a harsh sneer, and I found myself flinching further into Trey's embrace as it scratched at my ears.

       Those words sounded so- filthy.

       Before I knew what was happening I was being shoved behind Trey's giant back as he and Denton latched onto Brett's arms, dragging him away from a broken-nosed Jason. "What the fuck!" His beyond angry voice shouted at the three members of the Big Four as he pinched the bridge of his nose and tipped his head back.

       "You better watch your fucking mouth." The older Dimajio by a few minutes spat at the bleeding jock. I stared in wide-eyed shock as Denton dragged his brother away from Jason, and Trey turned back to him with a sneaky, slightly angry, smile breaching his lips.

       "You should probably go to the nurse. Brett's punches can cause some serious damage."

       "He has some serious fucking brain damage." Jason spat as blood rushed down his nose and chin in a disgusting waterfall. If that alone wasn't enough to make me cringe, then an angry Trey grabbing a surprised Jason by the front of his shirt and slamming him against the wall definitely did.

       Wow- These boys were violent.

       "Look here you prick, the only reason I'm not pounding your fucking face in is because Princess over there is watching, but don't think for a fucking second that I won't change my mind if you don't shut your damn mouth."

       Trey's voice was a vicious, dangerous, snarl, and he waited until Jason's face began to turn green in fear before he let him go. He dropped to the floor in a miserable, bloody, gaping mess. I gulped and took a step back as Trey let out a few heavy, calming, breaths and ran his fingers through his hair.

       Oh my god.

       That did not just happen.

       That couldn't have.

       I just witnessed my first real fight ever, if that's what you could call it, and I feel like I was going to vomit from the nerves all rushing to my stomach. That did not just happen. This isn't happening-

       "You okay kid?" A heavy hand clamped onto my shoulder and gently spun me around so I was staring into the bright blue eyes of Brett Dimajio.

       "I-I'm fine." I stuttered out as the heavy weight of his hand eased my shaking body. Brett's hard eyes softened until he was smiling at me with that calm, chill, look he usually wore. At least he wasn't ready to beat anyone up anymore.

       "You should be more careful." Trey's voice suddenly appeared in my ear and he chuckled as I gave a little jump. I ignored Brett's knuckles that were covered in blood as he gave my shoulder another squeeze before letting go. "You shouldn't be walking around alone with pricks like that after you." Trey swung his gigantic arm across my shoulders once again and pulled me tight into his side.