Chapter 29 (Lose ends)

Start from the beginning

Their food arrived and Zain dugged into her food making Malik laugh more and more.

"What?" She asked scrunching her face.

"I don't know,i just love your passion for food babe."

"Yes i love food and i love you,now hush and enjoy your food before i finish mine and come for yours".

"Yes ma'am ". He responded with grin on his face as he began to eat too.

Soon they were done and Malik settled the bills as they made their way out. He dropped Zain back at her office and headed back to his office.
On his way back to his office,he saw Amal but she was with Faisal and her friend Hafsah. They were talking about something hilarious as he saw them laughing ear to ear. His face immidiately formed a frown for no reason. Oddly he didn't like seeing Faisal around her more over he hates how he made her laugh as this much. He didn't acknowledge any of them as he made his way back into his office.
Amal felt Hafsah touch her leg from underneath the table and she looked up at her. Hafsah signalled for her to look into Malik's direction with her eyes and she looked,he has already turned his back and walked into his office at that time. She still couldn't fathom why he was giving her the silent treatment,she just doesn't understand the meaning behind these lose ends. He never spoke about what happened in Vegas to her up to now,it's just as if he has chosen to let it slide without hearing anything from her. And the annoying thing was that she has so much to say to him but with him ignoring her existence,she can't seem to summon the courage to even approach him. She didn't realize she has zoned out completely from their conversation until she felt Hafsah tapping her on the shoulder telling her that they're going back to their office because they've some work to handle. 
"Alright talk to you later. Thanks for stopping by Faisal."

"Bye Amal". Faisal said as he made his way out.

"Be easy on yourself doll,and if you need someone to talk to, i am just a few floors away. "

Hafsah spoke looking at Amal.

"Thanks Hafsah,i really appreciate. But he's ignoring me,and i hate it". Amal said.

"He'll come over it,remember he said he'll give you time. I guess this is all part of it. Talk later bye!"

"Bye take care".

Amal went back to work with her mind full of so many thoughts. She never thought this would become a puzzle to her that she couldn't get ti solve. At this point she knew that she needed to talk to someone,who'll help her figure it out and she knew exactly who that person is. It was her mother,and that made her smile inwardly because she know her problems are about to end right away.

*************
"Maami please i want to talk to you about something ".

"Mhmm what exactly Amal? I hope it's not an issue with your work place or your boss or a co-worker ".

Her mother spoke making Amal's heart skip a little at the mention of her boss.
"No Maami, not at all it's just some personal issues i am having with myself and i can't seem to find a way to figure it out myself."

They were in the living room watching the news at 9 after she has finished helping Mjunior with his homework and put him to bed,not that Amal is a fan of news but she loved the company of her mother and to top it all,she thought it's the perfect time to let the cat out of the bag.

"Maami you remember Mr Malik who helped me take you to the hospital?"

"Yes i remember ".
Her mom answered gathering all her attention to her daughter.

Amal told her mom all about her and Malik right from the start of it all to the Vegas incident. And she added that he has been refusing to acknowledge even her presence now.

"What do you want Amal?"

Her mom questioned after she  finished telling her about everything.

"I just don't know Maami,at this point i am scared,and confused".

"What do you feel about him?  Do you love him?"
Her mom asked these questions simultaneously.

"Yes i kind of do".
Amal replied feeling shy as she looked down to the floor. She has never talked about guy issues with her mom but this time,she didn't have a choice.

"So you love him and you're scared,you can't mix loving someone and being scared with whatever the outcome maybe Amal ".

"I am scared that it won't end up good Maami,you see he's already married. I just look out for myself,i don't want to risk my dedication and commitment to him only to end up being played, deceived and eventually dumped ".

"Listen here,all you need to do is pray, pray Amal for the best. If Allah made you fall for him,there must be a reason behind that. Prepare yourself to embrace whatever comes out of it. And i am sure Allah never burdens a soul with what it can't bear. So i need you to dedicate your time to pray about this, ask Allah's help in making this decision. I will include you in my prayers to. Let's pray for the best outcome of this situation be it a good one or a bad one".

Amal felt relieved by her mother's words and she couldn't thank her enough. Surely,prayer is the only way out and she will surely pray for the best out of this. If Malik isn't meant to be with her,she is ready to embrace it.  She will take that in good faith.

"Thank you Maami,i will pray for the best too. "

Soon they finished up with the mother and daughter talks and they set out to retire for the night with Amal's mind cleared from the confusion as she has found a solution to her problem.