Chapter twenty five

Start from the beginning

"What?" he asked smiling back at her.

"I'm just so glad were back to committing crime together again like the good old days." 

He came up to her and placed his lips on hers kissing her softly while sliding his hands over her cheeks.

"You are my partner in crime, right?" he asked her as he embraced her beautiful face. She nodded and kissed him one more time which made him smile.

"Let's tell Gotham about out returns, shall we?" he said excited. He placed the video camera on a table in front of Dwight who was slowly gaining consciousness again as he groaned in pain.

"Testing, testing. Am I on air? Can you hear me? Ah screw it." Jerome said as he looked into the camera. He took a step backwards and straightened his back.

"Hello Gotham, I'm Jerome, but you already knew that." he said with a grin, "And this lovely girl right here is Elena, missed us?" he asked as he grabbed Elena's waist and pulled into him and kissed her on the cheek which made her smile.

"Some of you may know, I died. And take it from me, death is..dull." 

His lips curved into a straight line and he didn't look to happy thinking about it. But then his eyebrows slowly raised and a smile appeared on his face.

"But coming back, that is something. Leave it to dying to give you a whole new perspective on life." he said as he turned around and walked over to Dwight who was now awake.

"Uh officer, you look terrible." he said as he had placed his police hat on Dwight's head. He was surrounded by different explosives plus he had many attached to his body. His eyes were widening as he looked around him and panic seemed to hit as he realized he was tied up.

"Jerome, please.." he whispered, but Jerome just ignored him.

"Baby, do you happen to have a lighter on you?" Jerome asked Elena with an overly positive voice. She smiled and searched down in her pockets before she found one. This was going to be very interesting, she thought. She gave him the lighter and he kissed her hand like a true gentleman, and on live TV as well. She almost blushed and she smiled to him to show how happy she was. A perfect date for other girls would be a expensive dinner and a movie, but this was soo much better.

"Thank you gorgeous." Jerome said and she walked away to stand behind the camera. He lit up the lighter and held it up as he turned back to the camera.

"Tonight Gotham, in the darkness, there are no rules. So tonight do what you want, kill who you want." he said smiling viciously, but it quickly disappeared as he started to twitch again. But luckily it only lasted a few seconds before it stopped.

"Sorry about that. And when morning comes, you too shall be.." he said as he lighted a fuse, "Reborn." he finished as he started to laugh hysterically. He grabbed Elena's hand and dragged her with him against the exit. But first he stopped by Dwight's side.

"Oh and um..." he said snapping his fingers when he didn't remember Dwight's name.

"Dwight..." Dwight said sounding hurt.

"Right, I don't forgive you for my face." he said and laughed as he started to run against the stairs and dragged Elena with him. She was smiling from ear to ear. Yes sure Elena felt a little bad for Dwight because he did help her get Jerome back, but he also wanted to take his freaking face. This was just paying the price. They could hear Dwight screaming for mercy as they ran out on the roof and jumped back into the chopper. Elena hadn't had this much adrenaline in her body since Jerome was last alive. He sure knew how to have fun.

They were flying over Gotham and Jerome just kept smiling as he waited for the big bang. Elena sat eagerly and watched down from her window. Then her eyes widened as she heard a loud explosion under them. She watched as the flames grew and got bigger and bigger and it was truly exciting. Just something you don't see every day.