Chapter 4. I'll Be Waiting

Start from the beginning

"Morning exercises with the juniors." He replied, "So what's up?" He gave us a weird look.

"Nothing . . ." I glanced over my shoulder and saw Byron getting his things ready, I looked at my watch and saw that it's almost time for my first class, "I have to get going." I mumbled as I grabbed my stuff.

I hurriedly left the room and walked towards the direction of a classroom, it'd be sort of awkward if I went out the same time as Byron-even though I already made the mood awkward back in the office.

Whatever, I don't understand, what's the big deal? It's just a greeting. Although he ignored me again, I find it funny, and it's weird. I'm so curious about Byron, I wonder why he doesn't talk much or why he pushes people away. Well, it's not gonna hurt to try talking to him.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

I sighed as I made my way back to the office, that two-hour period was exhausting. Everyone literally keeps asking questions about why I'm 'qualified' to teach them. What the hell, I didn't study art for years just to be treated this way.

Luckily, I managed to keep them quiet after the first hour and they surprisingly listened to me. But it was still exhausting, teaching drains my energy, as expected on my first day.

Well, it's lunch and I'm starving. I hope someone is in the office to accompany me, it's boring alone.

I pushed the door open and greeted by the same sound of a pen scribbling on a paper, it was Byron. Oh . . . I would probably be amused by this situation but I'm too damn tired. I strode towards my desk and sat down on the chair, he didn't remove his gaze on his work, typical. What a workaholic.

I took my lunch out from under the desk and started eating while my eyes are fixated on Byron, he had such a serious look in his eyes.

". . . Have you had lunch?" I awkwardly asked.

No response.

"You . . . don't talk much." I mumbled as I ate.

Suddenly, he paused before looking at me, his glower made goosebumps appear on my skin but I was more intrigued than afraid, "What do you want from me?" He glared at me, his voice lower than what I expected.

I kept my eyes on his, "Nothing, I just wanted to talk." I shrugged. Honestly, I'm trying my best not to look away or show how bothered I am by his scowl, "Why're you so quiet?" I added.

"Don't speak to me." He coldly replied before turning his attention back to the papers.

"But why not?" I urged. I'm not just gonna stop, I'm glad Juliet's stubbornness rubbed off on me. There was a long pause between us before I decided to speak again, "What's so bad about it?"

His eyes trailed back on me and it gave me the creeps, he looks really pissed. What did I do?

After a few seconds of our little staring contest, my head started to hurt so bad, a sick feeling made it's way to my stomach, I wanted to throw up. The same flash of static from yesterday became a bit stronger and it made me shut my eyes. I groaned and pressed on my temple in attempt to stop the headache.

Then it was gone.

It left as soon as I got it. What the hell was that? I must be so worn out on the previous class, I need to be healthier. I vigorously shook my head like a kid before looking back at Byron. He was back to working again but a devious smirk played on his lips, he looked mean.

"I think I just got my head pounded by an invisible hammer." I exclaimed, as soon as I spoke, Byron's smirk left his face and he was back to the same irritated-looking guy. Am I that annoying? Well, excuse me for trying to make friends.