Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

Nia hangs her head and goes silent. She starts mumbling words that Valerie and Victor couldn't quite understand.

Victor: She's finally losing it. Well, it doesn't matter since all we need from her is her mana.

Suddenly, a powerful force of mana particles burst from her body and travels throughout the entire room. Victor was almost knocked from his feet but Valerie was unaffected by it.

Victor: What's going on?! Those chains should be compressing her magic!
Valerie: I miscalculated. But...it doesn't pose much of a threat.

With a wave of Valerie's hand, a glowing magic circle appears on Nia's forehead. The flow of mana instantly stops as she falls back unconscious on the bed.

Victor: You used your Nullifying magic on her.
Valerie: She's much powerful than I thought. Even with the chains on, once she get emotionally unstable, her magic capabilities are enhanced.
Victor: Emotions? That's nonsense.
Valerie: In any case, shut your mouth whenever you're near her. I know you like it when you psychologically torment your enemies.

Valerie goes to the door as Victor follows her. She turns back and stares at an area next to Nia's bed. There was no one there but she talks anyway.

Valerie: Watch her. Don't let her use her magic.

A dark human-shaped figure slowly appears. It then fully appears to reveal it's identity. It was a teenage girl with black hair that was tied into two twin tails that was braided together. She was wearing a white school uniform with a skirt. But the most noticing feature about her was that she was wearing a white diamond shaped mask with a cross shaped hole in the middle that allowed her to see.

Masked Girl: Yes.

After giving her order, Valerie and her Servant leaves the room. When they were gone, there was an awkward silent as Nia stares at the girl with curiosity. The masked girl doesn't even look at Nia and simply stands there. Nia finally gathers the courage and talks to her.

Nia: W-Who....are you?

The girl slowly turns her head toward Nia, which scares her a little.

Masked Girl: I am Lady Valerie's Servant. My name is Dianna.

Hearing her soft voice was a surprise to Nia for she wasn't expecting it.

Nia: Her Servant? But she already has one.
Dianna: True but I am also hers.
Nia: How can that be?
Dianna: I would prefer not to speak about it any further. You are our enemy after all.
Nia: I...I guess you're right. Sorry if I'm asking too much.

Nia stops talking but notice that Dianna continues to stare at her. This makes her uncomfortable and couldn't help but ask.

Nia: What is it? Do I have something on my face or something?
Dianna: You're a strange one.
Nia: Huh? Strange?
Dianna: You know that I'm your enemy and yet you apologize.
Nia: Oh, I see. To be honest, you don't give off that presence until Valerie and her Servant. Although you look a little scary. (giggles)
Dianna: Nonsense. If I want to, I could rip your head off with ease.
Nia: Yes, you could...but you won't.
Dianna: What?
Nia: I can tell that you're not like those two, even if you're serving them.
Dianna: You...don't know anything about me.
Nia: R-Right. Of course.
Dianna: Stop talking. There's no point in continuing the conversation.
Nia: I understand. But can I ask one more thing?

Dianna nods her head.

Nia: My brother, please tell me the truth. Is my brother...really dead?
Dianna: It's true. He's dead. Valerie's other Servant killed him.
Nia: I see. Thank you.