The Dark Truth

I follow Avery to her car, it was rustic, but it looked sturdy.

"You aren't going to kill me when my back is turned right?" Avery asks.

I'm offended! I don't have to kill you when your back is turned when I can easily kill you now.

"Please, I don't have to wait until your back is turned." I said, she rolls her eyes. The roamers start staggering towards the car, I get in the passenger's seat. She begins driving.

She stares at ahead, for some reason she's intriguing.

"Are you not worried that I can kill you now?" I ask, testing her, she grins. She FUCKING grinned.

"I'm the one behind the wheel, if you do try something....we'll both go down." Avery says without looking from the road.

When I kill her....I'm going to enjoy every last second of it.

And I'll use my bare hands. Avery huffs.

"Why do smart girls do dumb shit?" I ask. This woman trusted a guy to ride with her, I know I'm super fucked up beyond numbers, only a stupid person would like me.

"What do you mean by that?" She asks.

"You're smart. But also a complete dipshit.....you're stubborn as hell, and you're too trusting. If we pulled over, I could just kill you and you wouldn't be able to get away from it." I said, Avery looks me in my eye, I could feel my hands urging to wrap around her bruised neck and giving it a hell of a squeeze.

"I see what's your problem." Avery says.

Besides being ruthless, a murderer, broken, toxic to the point I don't know who I am anymore....I brace myself for what she has to say.

"You're a brutal person no one wants to get involved with....you're a cold, ruthless person and on top of it all you're a sarcastic asswhole....." Avery says.

Ouch!

I have to say, grabbed me in the balls with that one. She's right that's for sure.

"Thanks rose." I said looking at the window.

"Rose?" She asks.

"Thorny as hell, for the life of me I wouldn't pick you." I said, despite her bruises and scars, she was pretty. But I'm not gonna go rambling about there's something special about her....she's like an angel.

Truth is-guys most of the time only want to sleep around. Well some. Many women are petty and superficial, like potato chips. Nothing special.

They're good for a while until you realize that they're the same damn thing.

"Asswhole." Avery mutters. Her voice gotten higher as she spoke to me.

"Thanks! I try!" I said before rolling my eyes.

If I'd known Avery was this annoying I'd kill her sooner.

She slowly stops the car, I hide the twisted smile urging to grow across my face. I don't know why but killing this woman is all on my mind right now.

"Look. I'm still looking for my sister. Now's your chance to just go down your own path." Avery says, turning to face me.

Where the hell do you think you're going?

"I don't need a life lesson. Your dumbass will get yourself killed before you could even catch a glimpse of her." I said emotionlessly, Avery closes her eyes. It's taking me every joint and muscle not to hurt her.

"So that means...." Avery says, her voice dying out before she took another deep breath.

"That I'll probably choke you." I said, she scowls at me.

"Are you helping me?" She asks, I hold in a laugh. Call me cruel but I'm just not trying to get pulled into more drama.

I'd cut to the chase and happily just slice your throat open but I guess.

"Are you speaking another language or are you completely made of bullshit?" I ask, Avery slaps me, my head snaps to the side, I stayed like that for a moment then I get closer to her, and closer, Avery looks at the wheel, if you looked hard enough, you'd see that she's scared-no, terrified.

"Here's some advice: Cross me one more time. I'll kill you." I gave her the look as if I wanted to slice her fucking head off. I'm giving her one verse to stop running her annoying ass mouth. I kept looking into her brown eyes, seeing angry tears gather at the corners.

"What's the point of staying with someone who makes you mad?" Avery asks matter-of-factly.

"Look around you Avery! We're in a world full of these shit heads we call the undead that screw us over, we're in a world full of rage, death, depression and you can't even trust motherfuckers. You don't know what I've been through....the people I had to fucking kill, the things I've done and you sure as hell don't want to find out what I'm going to do to you." I said grimly.

"You're right-I don't know you." Avery says.

"But I'm tired of staying with someone who wants to see me in a casket." She says.

No, just left out at the ditch.

"You make it hard not to." I said with a heartless shrug.

"You make me regret not strangling you everytime you open your mouth." I add, she rolls her eyes.

"Look...." Avery says exhaustedly, facepalming, she massages the bridge of her button nose.

"We can go our separate ways after this...." Avery suggests, I look out the window, she keeps driving.

Staying with her is like a game of cat and mouse, and I'm not going to kill her just yet.

I have to say....this woman caught my attention.