XLIII

WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

"Harry Styles and recent long-term girlfriend Ellie Potts officially calling it quits"

The world-famous pop star and Sydney student officially announced their breakup yesterday

Good news, Harry Styles fans - the man is back on the market! Harry Styles had been dating Ellie Potts, a 21-year-old student (currently residing in Sydney) for a little over three months. Whilst the two have not been photographed together, the online interactions between Ellie and Harry are enough to convince us that they were indeed dating. That, and the official breakup announcement that was released yesterday by both parties.

Ellie Potts is also known to be a friend of another One Direction ex, Amelia Franklin (the ex-girlfriend of Niall Horan). In February this year, Ellie took a trip to England for slightly under three weeks, to attend Amelia's concert. It was confirmed by Harry's sister, Gemma, that the two were together in Cheshire for a few days. However, Harry was photographed leaving Amelia's afterparty for her 'Heartbeat Live' concert - an event that we know Ellie also attended.

 However, Harry was photographed leaving Amelia's afterparty for her 'Heartbeat Live' concert - an event that we know Ellie also attended

The pair confirmed their breakup in two heartfelt instagram posts yesterday.

Harry Styles is well known to be the playboy of One Direction, having been caught with multiple girls. Ellie Potts has been his longest relationship in the last few years, and now that it's over, will he return to his playboy ways? Ellie certainly seems to have moved on fast, having been captured embracing a loved-up Mackenzie O'Connell - her ex-best-friend's ex-boyfriend (we know).

Thousands of angry fans took to every platform possible to hurl abuse at Ellie, after the official announcement, leading to the deletion of her Twitter account. However, some fans are also defending Ellie.

What do you think? Do you believe the two will get back together, or will the break-up remain final? Let us know.

The Sun has reached out to Harry's representatives, but as of yet we have not received a response.