XVIII

hehe

this chapter will be mostly text

but it is VERY IMPORTANT™

(im sorry i really like the ™ symbol)

(also im moving the afterparty along)

(Its probably chapter 20 now)

(multiples of fIVVEEEEEEEEE)

~~~~

THE EXPLANATION

The door was still wide open as Amelia clung onto Ellie. Her shoulders were shaking as she cried, and Ellie knew that she was right to bring her home. There was no telling what Amelia would've done.

Slowly, Ellie pried Amelia's grip off of her shoulders, and moved to close the door. There was only one month left of winter in London, but it was still freezing. Amelia was already shivering, and Ellie knew it was both a mixture of cold and sadness.

Luckily, they'd left the gas heating on all night in the living room, so that was the first place Ellie brought Amelia to. She sat her down, gave her a blanket, and left to make tea - the one and only cure-all that Ellie knew.

While she waited for the kettle to boil, so many questions ran through Ellie's head. Should she really ask? Ellie knew it would probably make Amelia feel worse, but maybe knowing would help Ellie help her.

After all, no one gets this messed up over an instagram post if they don't really care.

In what seemed like no time at all, Ellie had boiled the kettle and brewed the tea, and she was walking into the living room. Now came the hard part.

She handed Amelia her cup of tea.

"Thanks." It shocked Ellie to hear Amelia's voice so quiet and broken. It felt like she was looking at herself from three years ago. Did it really hurt this much for her friends and family to see her like this?

"Listen, Amelia," she started, but Amelia cut her off before she could finish the sentence.

"You want to know why, don't you? Why Niall and I broke up?" Ellie nodded, wordlessly. She was afraid that saying anything might distract Amelia from telling her the truth.

"I guess I should probably tell you anyway," she said, "you would've found out soon enough."

"Amelia, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to," Ellie said, and she regretted it as soon as the words left her mouth. However, she didn't want to make Amelia feel pressured into telling her anything. Amelia shook her head.

"No, I want to tell you," Amelia said, "I know I can trust you."

"Of course you can trust me, Amelia." Ellie heard her take in a deep breath, and she knew that she was bracing herself to tell the story. It must be a pretty big deal if Amelia was this shaken up about it.

"Well, we were getting pretty close to the release date for Made In The A.M., and so the boys were doing lots of promo. Obviously, I didn't have anything better to do, so I came along most of the time." Ellie nodded. She remembered those days perfectly well.

"Anyway, while the boys were out doing shows like GMA and all that, I'd mostly be hanging around with their band - you know Josh, and Dan, and Sandy, all of them. They weren't there all the time, but sometimes they had nothing better to do, just like me." Amelia was clearly getting more emotional as she continued, her tea sitting beside her, forgotten.