Chapter 7: Late Dinner

Adrien's POV

Adrien's POV

I pushed back my tears with a smile as I tightly hugged Ladybug back. I loved her, meaning I only cared about her happiness. If I wasn't her happiness, so be it.

"Bugaboo," I whispered. "I just want you to be happy."

"What about your happiness?" Ladybug asked him. I noticed tears forming in her bluebell eyes.

"My happiness is knowing you're happy even if I'm not part of it." I said. A tear rolled down my cheek but I ignored it.

Ladybug looked into my eyes. Tears began rolling down her cheeks. I gently wiped them away. "Please don't cry, Bugaboo." I said quietly. "Just be happy."

Ladybug held my hand against her cheek and gave a small smile. "Chaton... I-" She was cut of from the beeping of my ring. My last pad was about to disappear.

"I gotta go!" I said quickly. "I'll see you later, okay?"

Ladybug just nodded as I jumped down the building and into an alley. No one saw me detransform. "That was too close." I told my kwami.

"Tell me about it." Plagg grumbled. "Do you have any camembert?"

"No I don't." I replied. "Sorry, Plagg. But we aren't too far from home."

I raced home as fast as I could. I spotted the Dupain-Cheng bakery on the way and slowed to a stop. I wanted to talk with Marinette, but I knew it was late.

"Home already?" Plagg asked. The kwami poked his head out of my white over shirt. "I'm hungry."

I rolled my eyes. "You're always hungry."

"And your point is...?" Plagg said. "This is your girlfriend, Marinette's house right?"

"She's not my girlfriend." I said quickly, a soft pink blush spreading across my cheeks. "But yes, this is her family's bakery."

"Does she have cheese?"

"Plagg..." I sighed. "It's late. I shouldn't bother them for some cheese."

"But I'm starving, Kid!" Plagg dramatically acted as though he were in pain.

"Fine." I gritted my teeth. I opened the door and took a step inside. Immediately warmth and the smell of fresh baked goods washed over me. I deeply inhaled and sighed. I absolutely love baked goods.

"Oh, Adrien!" Marinette's mother had peeked downstairs to see who had come in. "How can we help you?"

"Hello, Mrs Dupain-Cheng." I said politely. "I was wondering if you had any cheese? Camembert to be exact."

"Yes, yes." Mrs Dupain-Cheng said quickly. She walked to the counter and pulled out a small wheel of camembert. "Here you are, sweetie."

I reached for my wallet to pay. "Thank you very much." I said.