Chapter 6: Patrol

Marinette's POV

Marinette's POV

"Tikki," I said after Chat Noir left. "I can't believe I forgot."

"I'm sure it's alright, Marinette." My kwami replied. "But we better get going."

After my transformation, I raced over to the Eiffel Tower.

"Hey, Chaton." I said as I sat beside him.

"M'Lady." Chat Noir said. Was it just me, or did something about him seem... Off..?

"What's up, Chat?" I asked, confused on why he wasn't throwing pickup lines and puns at me.

"Just lost in thought." He replied.

I sighed. "I do that a lot too."

"Oh really?" Chat asked, a mischievous smile spread across his face. "What's on your mind?"

"Guy trouble." I responded. I leaned forward, my elbows resting on my laps. I propped my head up with my hands.

I sent a surprised look to Chat as he started laughing. "That's all I think about!" He chuckled. "Except I deal with girl trouble."

I gave him a slight smile, enjoying hearing him laugh. I couldn't help but remember Adrien's laugh that day when he had given me his umbrella. They both have such amazing laughs...

"What's this 'guy trouble' all about?" Chat asked, displaying a sly smile.

Before I could reply, a loud crash echoed through the night. Chat and I turned our heads toward the noise. As if in a silent agreement, we simultaneously made our way, quickly, to the sound.

"We're too late." I muttered. Dozens of Parisians were in strange positions not able to move, big pause icons visible on their fronts and backs.

"Lady WiFi?" Chat said, his face giving away his confusion. "Didn't we already defeat her?"

"Something must have upset her." I frowned. Alya's been akumatized again.

A laugh sounded above us. I looked up to see Lady WiFi standing on top of a building, phone in hand. She looked exactly as she had last time.

"Alya, snap out of it!" I yelled to my akumatized friend. "What made you upset?"

"I am Lady WiFi to you, Ladybug." The villain said. "I am going to reveal your true identity!"

She swiped her phone, directing it at me. A pause symbol flew towards me, but I jumped to the left to avoid it. The attack hit the ground where I stood only a second before.

"I want to help you!" I called up to her desperately. "Just tell me where the akuma is hiding!"

Lady WiFi frowned. "No way, Ladybug. You aren't stopping me this time."

I knew I was the main focus of her attacks. I nodded to Chat Noir, knowing he'd understand. He nodded back, and slipped away to climb up the building.