Chapter Fourteen 💭

Imani's pov

"Lamelo let's talk facts right now. Are you cheating on me?" I asked bluntly. He coughed on his sprite. "Hell no!" He said. "Why you being so defensive" I asked suspiciously. "Nothing I'm not defensive I'm straight" he said.

"Why Ashley keep looking at yoypu and smiling and you keep looking down when she smile". I asked. "Cause I ain't no extinct ass do-do bird" I said as he shifted in his bed. "Imani I'm not cheating on you!" He yelled. "Oh really huh! What are these?" I asked taking out notes from underneath his bed. "Those are nothing" he whispered trying to grab them but I opened them up.

"Lamelo..." I whispered. "Don't" he said angrily. "Why didn't you tell me you had this" I asked. "Because then it would confirm everyone's theory Imani. I'm a waste ok,I take classes on Saturday he apparently Ashley takes them to bother me and I don't pay her no mind which she thinks we are friends but we aren't. I take those classes because I'm failing and I promised my self that I would graduate with you" he said. I hugged him "I'm going to those classes with you". I whispered. "I could handle Ashley." He said rubbing his hand over his face obviously still mad of my accusation. "Melo" I said tightening my arms around his torso.

"What?" He groaned. "I love you. Just give me time. I'm kind of insecure that you would want another girl and not me. I don't know why"

"Imani I love you. Your my best friend and my girl friend I wouldn't give that up" he said looking me dead in my eyes. I nodded slowly taking in what he said. Then he flashed me a boyish grin that showed off his now red braces. Then he kissed me softly andi kissed back. "Woah there kids five feet distance" lonzo said coming into LaMelo's room. "We were going to do anything" I rolled my eyes.

"We got an attitude in our hands" liangelo said coming into the room . "Damn do y'all ever knock" LaMelo asked chuckling. "No we just invite ourselves. Of course we knock but we forget to" lonzo said smartly. I shook my head scrolling through my phone. "Yo Zo, is water wet?" I asked him knowing that he was the eldest of us all and probably the wisest. "Nah it ain't wet. Wet is just a word used to  describe how you get when you touch water. Like I step in water my shoes get wet but that don't mean water is wet. Water is a substance and wet is an adjective I believe" lonzo said.

"Damn your smart" I mumbled as I continued scrolling through my Instagram feed. "I mean what can I say?"  He chuckled trying to be like J.J Evans from Good Times.

I looked at lamelo as he was playing color switch in his phone. I laid my head on his lap as I turned my phone off staring at him. He was so sexy. And to believe all that was mine. "So y'all came in here for what?" Lamelo said putting his phone down on my stomach. "Oh to play 2k of course" liangelo said doing some dumb dance. "Shaking my head, Liangelo you look like a fish out of water" I chuckled. He gasped. "That's so mean" he mumbled fake crying. "Suck it up you big bitch"  I chuckled. His eyes widened. "Imani curses?" He asked.

I gave him the ' Really nigga ' look and lonzo laughed. Once they hooked up the game lonzo and Melo was being so competitive as usually. Betting they bracelets. "Be careful Melo you might go broke" Zo said. "Never nigga I stack my bread" he said biting his lip as he concentrated on the game. He always got close to the screen when playing. "You gonna hurt your eyes lil boy" Zo said laughing.

"Worry about them bracelets you about to lose" LaMelo said chuckling. I kept playing with LaMelo and using my foot to poke him in his butt. "Stop Imani" he said as he moved away. "I'm bored everytime y'all play 2k I never get to play" I groaned. "Girls can't play 2k"

Everyone stopped when LaMelo said that. "What. Did. You. Say." I said through clenched teeth." "Morning" lamelo mumbled. "Zo pass me the controller" I said. Zo gave it to me. "Damn Melo I'm putting this on my live" gelo said.
"Boyfriend vs girlfriend" gelo said loudly. I played as Golden State and LaMelo played as the Cavs. "LeBron come on!!!!" Lamelo yelled at the tv. I was chill I've watched them play 2k for a while. I know the tricks. I was obviously winning. "Oop lil sis got skills" Zo said . I shook my head smiling as I shot a three pointer. "Damnnnn" we all said when the game finished and I had won. "Gimme " I said grinning. Lamelo groaned giving me his bracelets. I kissed his lips "aww don't be mad. Girls could play 2k" I chuckled mugging him. He groaned when I ruffled his hair.

"Y'all are so cute" Tina said coming in the room. I laughed when LaMelo rolled us over so he was on-top of me. "What you got from the market mom" he said holding both my hands so I wouldn't hit him. "I got some veggies, and chicken im making soup and Nona is here so come say hi". She said. Lamelo eyes lit up for his grandma. When we went downstairs Nona was in the kitchen cutting up broccoli. "Zo if you don't pull up those pants"  Nona said. Zo chuckled kissing her cheek as did gelo and Melo. "Who is this beautiful girl over here?" She asked motioning me. "I'm LaMelo's girlfriend" I said smiling.

"Oh my LaMelo you have some good" she said smiling at me. I giggled at her kindness.

It felt good to be surrounded by family...