|Chapter Twenty-Seven ~ The Clue|

I woke up back in the champions' first aid tent, Madame Pomfrey tending to the left side of my face.

"Ah you're awake." She said, beaming down at me. "That dragon did not take kindly to you stealing its egg." She said, still smiling. Victor was pacing the floor near the bed, a few scrapes on his arms and face but other than that looking unharmed.

"Is it over?" I asked groggily, my throat tight from the lack of water.

"No, Fleur is facing her dragon at the moment and then there's Harry left." She said as she poured ointment onto a cloth and dabbed the side of my face gently. I hissed as the stinging started. "Shh Ariella, stay still, I'm nearly done." She said quietly. The peace and tranquility was broken by girlish screams of agony.  A few moments later two dragon trainers walked in, in their arms was Fleur, whose legs were burnt red and blistering. "Set her down gently on that bed." Madam Pomfrey commanded the two trainers as she finished patching up my face. "Your face is going to be sore but it'll fully heal, however there may be a little scaring. I want you to be careful though and come back to see me sometime next week so I can take those stitchings out okay? You are free to go." She said smiling at me before she moved onto Fleur's legs.

Not wasting another moment I rushed up to the stands just as Dumbledore was announcing Harry's. I quickly made my way over to the twins and sat beside George, bashing my leg against his. He snapped his had down to look at me.

"Oh thank god you're okay." He said, breathing a sigh of relief as he looped his arm around my waist. "It was so hard to watch you in there... You were amazing." He whispered into my ear as he pressed a soft kiss to my injured cheek. "Still so beautiful."

"Three of our champions have now face their dragons and so each one of them will proceed to the next task. And now our fourth and final contestant." Dumbledore yelled above the crowed. The crowed yells Harry's name as we see him enter the rocky arena. The dragon has moved out of sight, leaving the egg unguarded, Harry sees this and tries to make a run for it. Unfortunately the dragon appears, and rears back. Harry is forced to retreat behind a rock as the dragon spits fire at him. We watch in horror as Harry stumbles and falls around the arena.

"Your wand Harry! Your wand!" Hermione yells from the row in front of us in desperation as she watches one of her best friends getting beaten up by a dragon. We watch as Harry points his wand at the sky, the next moment his firebolt zooms past, close enough for Harry to jump on just as the dragon was about to burn Harry alive. Harry flies around the arena, making grabs at the egg, all of which were unsuccessful. With the dragon constantly on Harry's tail. Harry flies outside of the arena, the dragon not willing to give up the chase follows him, but is stopped by the iron chain that locks around its neck. The dragon pulls on its chain causing it to break and fly after Harry.

"What a dragon!" Fred yells, as the dragon rips the coverage off of the judges' area. The rest of the crowd, including myself, are stunned. As the pair, dragon and seeker, fly out of sight the crowd falls silent. Quiet, whispered conversations break out amongst people. I lean forward and tap Hermione on the shoulder. She flips around and her eyes become big.

"You were amazing out there Ari." She said smiling, her eyes flashing slightly and softening at the sight of the horrible burn on my cheek.

"Thanks. Did you teach Harry the accio spell?" I ask her. I can't think of any other way he would know about it. You normally don't learn that spell until fifth year. I watched Hermione nod her head slightly. "You did a great job." I said smiling, wincing slightly as it pulled at the stitches in my face, leaning back I relaxed into my chair.

"You were amazing out there you know. A true champion." Fred said, grinning at me.

"I wish that Pretty Boy Diggory had competed in it instead of you love." George said, as he pressed a warm kiss to my forehead.

"What happened to him anyway?" Fred asked, leaning round his brother to get a better look at me. I watched as one of my best friends visibly flinched at my appearance.

"He threw up and passed out. I have no idea where he is now." I said bitterly.

"What a wuss." Fred scoffed, settling back in his chair. After that we fell back into silent. It would seem that the whole crowd were waiting in anticipation for Harry's safe return. What felt like hours he finally arrived, a trail of smoke following after him. The crowd went insane as he hoisted the egg high above his head for the whole crowd to see. There's going to be a celebration in Gryffindor tonight!

- - - - - - - -

In the common room that night Harry stands in the centre of the room, people gathering all around him cheering, as he holds the egg for everyone to see. Earlier on I had looked for Cedric and handed him the egg, I thought it would be slightly unfair if he had no idea what was laying ahead of him... waiting for him.

"We knew you wouldn't die Harry." George said as the twins hoisted him up onto their shoulders.

"Lose a leg." Fred said, jostling him on his shoulder.

"Or an arm."

"Pack it in all together."

"Never!" They finally say together.

"Go on Harry, what's the clue?" Seamus, one of Harry's friends asked intrigued by the golden object.

"Who wants me to open it? You want me to open it?" Harry asks the cheering crowed. A screeching sound erupts from it causing Harry to fall from the twins' shoulders as they reach to cover their ears.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Ron asks, walking up behind me. His clacker still in his hand from todays task.

"Alright everyone, go back to your knitting. This is gonna be uncomfortable enough without all you nosey sods listening in." Fred says, disbursing the crowed that was hovering around. I just stood there and watched as George walked up to me and led me up to his dormitory that he shared with Fred and Lee.