|Chapter Twenty-Two ~ Golden Oldies|

During potions with the Slytherins, the twins were mixing up a potion that was most definitely not what Professor Snape asked them to make (draught of living death), smirking throughout the double hour lesson.

"What are you two up to?" I asked suspiciously. Whenever they wore their matching smirks no good could ever come out of it. I should know, I've learnt from experience!

"No need to worry your pretty little head about it Ari. George and I have it covered." Fred said, grinning at me before walking off, whistling joyously as he went. I turned to look at the remaining twin, my eyebrow cocked up in question.

"Are you going to the goblet room?" George asked, skilfully avoiding the subject I was previously talking about.

"Yeah, I'm meeting up with Harry, Ron and Hermione there." I said shrugging my shoulders, going with the new direction this conversation was heading in.

"I'll see you there then." George said, brushing his lips against my cheek before he walked off in the same direction of his twin. We'd known each other for years, yet he is still hesitant to kiss me on the lips. We had kissed sure, but nothing more than a peck. I was starting to get a bit impatient.

As soon as I walked into the Goblet room I was graced with the sight of students entering their names into the blue flame after stepping through the enchanted age ring.

"Ari!" I heard my name being called by Hermione, just as Cedric stepped into the ring. His head snapped up and his eyes met mine, a smile graced his features before he slipped his piece of parchment into the fire and returning back to his friends. Everyone in the room clapped respectfully, as they did for every student that was brave – or stupid – enough to enter his or her name into the competition that could very well end their lives.

"Hey guys." I said, sitting down beside Hermione a heavy looking charms book resting in her lap. "How was defence against the dark arts?" I asked, wondering what Mad Eye had to say during the fourth-year lessons.

"He was horrific." Hermione started, about to launch into a story about their class, but was cut off by Ron.

"Bloody brilliant if you ask me." Ron said, butting into our conversation with his opinion on the crazy, new professor.

"Well no-one asked you." Hermione snapped. "He had us studying the unforgivable curses. You should have seen Neville's face when he was using the cruciatus curse." Hermione said lowly. I looked over to where the boy in discussion sat, alone and in the corner a sad look across his features.

"Oh, that poor boy." I said, sadly. The deep conversation was ended with cheering coming from outside. Low and behold the twins entered the room, two vials raised in the air cheering.

"Thank you, thank you. Well lads we've done it." George said proudly, addressing his admirers, who were stood around them. They loved the limelight far too much those twins did.

"Cooked it up just this morning." Fred said over my groaning. So that's what they were doing in double potions!

"It's not going to work." Hermione sang as though she was reading my mind. Fred and George jumped down and onto the bench Hermione and I sat on, one on either side.

"Oh yeah and why's that Granger?" Fred asked smugly as he bumped her shoulder with his.

"You see this? This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself." She said, closing her book and pointing to the blue shimmering ring that was around the outside of the Goblet, acting as a shield.

"So?" Fred asked nonchalantly, like he already knew that important information. Which I'm betting he didn't!

"So a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something pathetically dim-witted such as an age potion." Hermione said, determined to prove the ginger twins wrong.

"That's why it's so brilliant." George said, standing back up on the bench so that him and his brother were above the age line. I rolled my eyes at Hermione, letting her know that I agreed with her. "Ready Fred?"

"Ready George" Fred confirmed, joining his twin in toasting by clinking their vials together.

"Bottoms up." They said together, downing their potions and jumping over the boundary of the age line. Cheering in their success. They enter their names into the flickering fire, and high five each other. No sooner as they had completed congratulating themselves did all hell break loose. The flame flared up, hitting them squarely on the chest and sending them flying across the room and onto the floor. They sat up to reveal full grey beards and a head of grey hair, causing the whole room to burst into laughter.

"You said..." George starts but is cut off by his twin saying the exact same thing immediately after him.

"You told them not to." I said to Hermione as I watched them fight on the floor, the crowed goading them on. "I better go and break it up before they actually hurt one another." I say to her, pushing my way through the crowed of teenagers to reach the fighting idiots.

"I can't believe I took your word for this." George said as he rolled over, pinning Fred to the floor, but was soon flipped over. They continued fighting, even with me standing above them. Oh their mother isn't going to be happy when she hears about this!

"Stop it!" I hissed, pulling Fred away from George. "Both of you go to the hospital wing, they will hopefully be able to cure you." I said angrily. The room suddenly fell silent, causing all of us to stand/sit up straighter. In marched Victor Krum himself, a determined look on his face. He strode right up to the Goblet, completely disregarding the age line, and entered his slip of parchment with his name on it. He turned to leave, but not before casting a look at Hermione, who sat there blushing at the whole exchange.

After I had sent the twins on their way to the hospital wing, I returned to the seat next to Hermione. "Looks like a certain young wizard has his eye on you Herms." I said smirking at her as I watched her blush deepen.

"Oh shut up." She said, smiling slightly. "Are you going to enter your name into the Goblet?" She questioned, handing me a piece of parchment which she had considerately scrawled my name on it.

"I don't know." I said hesitantly. If I entered my name and I got picked (which was unlikely) was I ready to hold the responsibility of representing my school, was I brave enough to face the testing trials, was I worthy of eternal glory?

"I think you should, you would make a great champion. Well... better than Cedric anyway." Hermione said, collecting her heavy charms book, and following after Ron and Harry who were just exiting the room, leaving me staring at the neat writing of my name on the ripped parchment. I watched the clock, counting the minutes till it was my birthday... only two more to go until I was technically seventeen.

Once the two minutes were over, I experienced my first moment of stupidity of being seventeen. I stood up and walked hesitantly through the age ring and deposited the parchment into the flames and watched as the blue flames ate it up. Without a second thought I walked out of the room and headed towards the hospital, where I was sure that I would find Fred and George licking their wounded egos.