Chapter twenty three

Comenzar desde el principio

"Sorry about that." Dwight apologized to Elena, "But he does make an interesting point. It seems like I have failed with bringing him back, but they want to see Jerome's face, like promised. Maybe..." he started, but stopped as he looked too nervous to continue, like he knew he was about to say something he would regret. Elena frowned and threw her hands out.

"What?" she asked angry at him after realizing he had failed.

"Maybe we could cut off his face and..well, use it as a mask?" he purposed. Elena growled as she grabbed her gun and aimed it at his face which made his jaw drop.

"If you so much as lay a hand on his red hair I will murder you. You promised me Jerome, alive!" she said as her hand started to shake because she was just so angry with him. He threw his hands up and sobbed like he was about to cry.

"Elena, I'm so sorry, I thought it would work! I really did.." he begged. Then Elena heard sirens coming from outside of the building, but she still held the gun against his head not taking her eyes of him.

"Please, let me get us out of here or we'll both end up in Arkham." he begged desperately. She didn't like it, but he was right. Jim was about to come threw those doors any minute now and she didn't want him to throw her back into that hell hole. It would probably make her insane if they did. Well, more insane than she already was. They would make her talk about Jerome, her parents, her past and so on. She knew it would only destroy her even more.

They escaped out the same way they came in before the cops came running thew the doors. Jim and Harvey were the first to enter the room.

"Dammit, they got away." Harvey said annoyed as he saw there was no one there. But then he frowned as he sniffed around him.

"What the hell is that smell? I know for sure it's not me this time." he asked. Then they saw Gus laying on the ground as smoke came from his fried body.

"Well..that's interesting. Suddenly I crave some fried chicken." Harvey said and scratched the back of his head. Then their eyes landed on Jerome's dead corpse.

"At least this maniac is still dead." Harvey said relieved.

Jim shook his head and sighed.

"Yeah, but Elena is back. And that is not a good sign. We have to find her and Dwight before anything more happens, who knows what they can be up to." he said concerned and Harvey nodded.

"Yeah, I really thought she was dead after all this time. I wonder where she has been hiding?" Harvey said thoughtful.

"We can figure out that later. Right now we need to take Jerome's body back to the station so Lee can examine his body. We can't let Dwight and Elena find it again." Jim said and Harvey nodded.

"But hey, the guy is still going to be dead in an hour. Wanna stop for fried chicken?" Harvey suggested and Jim rolled his eyes at him.

***

Elena and Dwight came out in a back alley and she sat down by a container with her face in her hands. Her mind was in such a dark place, she could not think clearly. She was so close, just so close to seeing him again. And now all she was left with was her scars reopened, her heart breaking yet again and her urge to live completely gone. If somebody came with a gun to her head she would just let them kill her. She was depressed and knew she would have to go back to be hunted down by Theo.

"I'm so sorry. I tried, I really did..But we can still speak up and do what Jerome would have wanted you to do, to tell Gotham the truth." Dwight said trying to cheer her up. Elena raised her head looking at him.

"What do you mean?" she asked. He smiled and sat down in front of her.

"I have an idea. What if we take over the news station? We could tell everybody about Jerome and what he had to offer this city. Tell them about anarchy and how they are all prisoners." he said with such passion that it actually made Elena consider it. She should do it, she had nothing to loose anyway. Why not speak up like Jerome did, then let Jim come and kill her, because he defiantly would. He was after her and he always found her somehow. Plus she was ready to die, she had no reason to go on anymore. But she wasn't going to tell Dwight that.

"Sure, why not." she replied.

It didn't take long before all the fans showed up outside of the news station to meet her and Dwight. Only this time they were many more and they were even crazier. She knew it wouldn't take long before the news would hear about their attack and it would be broadcasted all over Gotham, aka Jim would be on his way. So she just prepared for her final words before he would put a bullet threw her head. It would be good to just leave this sad world without Jerome in it and meet him down in hell where they could life happily ever after.

They had tied up everyone that worked there and Dwight sat in the makeup chair getting ready to go live. Elena just stood in the corner with no expression on her face. It was sad she had come to the point that she didn't want to live anymore. She would miss Barbara, Oswald and Selina. But she felt she owed them an explanation after everything they had been trough, so she picked up her phone and started to write.

"You guys have changed my life so much, and I am truly happy I met you. But without Jerome, I just don't feel anything anymore. I'm constantly in a state of depression and anger, plus Theo won't stop until I'm dead. And that is not how I want to live the rest of my life. So...I have decided to end it. I won't tell you where I am because I know you will try to find me and stop me if I do. But this is want I want, and I'm sorry...Elena."

She took a deep breath before sending the message and sighed as the realisation of Death was creeping up on her, and then Dwight came up to her smiling.

"Are you ready?" he asked excited and Elena just nodded with a fake smile. Only he didn't know she was referring to something completely different then what he meant. A guy came running up to them looking nervous.

"Dwight! The police are outside. I think they made our guy at the G.C.P.D give us up. Detective Gordon are leading them inside right now!" he panicked. Dwight just laughed and didn't seem to care that much.

"Don't worry, we put out a trap." Dwight assured him. He had tied up a lady in the lobby and attached a bomb to her so if the police entered, she would be blown up. Elena wasn't stupid, she knew Jim would get that lady out of there unharmed and continue his way to take take them down. But she didn't bother telling Dwight, she just hoped she got to enjoy seeing Jim shoot him before he shot her.

"We better get started." Dwight said as the camera landed on him and Elena. They sat on the news anchor's desk which they had tagged all over with the text "HA HA HA". Elena took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she was preparing her final words before Jim would storm in.

Ohh i feel so sad that she want's to kill herself...she's been trough a lot. Hope you like the story!

-Michelle