"I'm sorry for whatever happened to your mate." My voice was gentle, but the way he staggered back as though I had punched him I might as well have been spitting the words at him. He wiped the surprised look off his face and replaced it with an almost curiously pain filled one.

            "You want to know what happened to her? She was mutilated. By humans. She was just minding her own business and those filthy drunk pigs attacked her and just left her there-" He cut off and closed his eyes, when he opened them they were blank again. "It doesn't matter. What's done is done. All seven of them got what they deserved." His emotionless voice was back and I knew that I had lost him. He slipped out the doors, and as soon as  he did Jon let out a heavy sigh, before speaking with a strained voice.

            "Kitten, please don't provoke them." I frowned at him.

            "How is showing respect for his mate provoking him?"

            "Because he has completely forsaken his human side. He no longer has human emotions, he has given into the wolf. That's all you can do when you lose your mate, the pain. God, I couldn't imagine how much pain he must've been in. Some people get a handle on it, reign in their wolf, but it's nearly impossible."

            "Oh." I was stunned into silence.

            All of a sudden there was a load noise and I felt Jon jerk under me. Looking at him alarmingly I watched as the chains retracted into the wall, trying to drag him to the other side of the dingy cell. Trent came back in with rubber gloves, holding a dried plant  in one hand and a plastic bottle filled with a red liquid in the other. He went over to where Jon's chains emerged from the wall and set the bottle down on the dirty floor. Jon struggled against the chains, grunting, and kept a hold on me, to which Trent raised an eyebrow at him.

            "Impressive, your human side is quite strong. Declan will be happy to know that when I tell him." Another grunt from Jon was heard as he pulled and tugged at the restraints, he looked viscously into Trent's eyes.

"The only thing you need to tell Declan is to go screw himself."

             The person who was operating the chains picked up the strength and with  a final grunt Jon let go of me and was flung into the wall. I whimpered at the sight of him getting injured but he was up and yanking at the chains in no time as Trent stalked towards me.