Chapter 16

(Will)

I curled her body into mine, afraid that if I let up for a second she would slip away. Murrmuring in her sleep, Eve turned her head onto my chest and sighed. She could probably sense in her dreams how wound up and tense I was.

The past twenty-four hours have been one fucked up nightmare. The first thing I saw when I woke up was my Eve, my baby girl, curled up into herself crying softly. The sight broke me. Even now, lying in our bed safely with four familiar walls boxing us in, couldn't keep the memories that ripped my heart up away. 

I had failed her. 

My perfect little mate, who deserved the world, how could anyone be out of their mind enough to hurt such an innocent person? Couldn't they see how she lights up the world? I was working myself back up into a rage, when Eve cupped my chin with her hand. My eyes immediatly locked with hers and I could feel the tears slipping from my eyes. 

"I'm so sorry, baby girl. I'm so, so sorr-" She silenced my plea for forgivness by tugging on my hair. Pulling my head towards her she covered my lips. I sighed into the kiss, she was my heaven. Like putty in her hands she tapped my chest and I immediatly pulled back to make sure I didn't reinjure anything. 

Thank the goddess that she only had minor wounds and superficial bruises. I might have gone insane, or more insane than I had. I was definatly not letting my baby girl out of my sight anytime soon, especially now that I knew I had a little pup on the way.

"Will, babe." Her voice was rough, so I reached out and grabbed the water the doc had left after fixing Eve up, saying she would need it when she woke. Not letting her go, I gently pulled her into a sitting position inbetween my legs and held the glass to her lips. When she reached out to take the glass from me I growled softly, which made her hands drop immediatly.

Slowly she opened her mouth and chugged the liquid, all the while making sure to pace her so she wouldn't choke. When she was finished she slowly turned towards me, keeping her head down. As soon as I smelled her tears I lifted her chin and kissed them away softly. I waited for her to speak. 

"I'm pregnant." She whispered as though the mere thought was wreaking ball. I scooped her into my arms and held her tight as she broke into sobs. 

"This is great new baby girl! Why are you crying? Are you in pain? Let me go get the doctor." Flustered, I tried to sooth her and see what was hurting. She clung to me like a koala as I tried to detach myself to go get the Doc.

"Wait, what?" Eve's face blossomed into a hopeful expression as she looked up at me. When I saw no pain in her eyes I dropped a kiss to her lips. 

"I said that this is great news, and I am so happy that you are carrying my pup. What did you think I would say?" I nuzzled her neck before freezing, "Wait a minute, is this why you've been so distant from me?"  Narrowing my eyes at her I used my don't-lie-to-me tone. Eve just ducked her head. 

" I thought you wouldn't want to start a family with me." 

"What the hell gave you that impression?!" I nearly yelled at her. I wanted to shake this stupid idea from her head.

"Just something you said when we first mated." 

I gently laid her down on the bed, and starting at her feet, placed light kisses up her body. I paid close attention to the unnoticeable swell of her tummy, hitting myself mentally because I didn't notice it before. I kissed her lips quickly before returning to her stomach. 

"Hey there baby, daddy's here. He won't let anything happen to you, or mommy. Not ever again. I love you." I cooed to my child. Looking up I saw Eve's eyes filled with tears, and I knew we shared the same feeling.

In that moment, I knew true happiness.  

****

So I know this is short and I apologize, but I have had 0 time to write. I haven't decided if this is going to be part 1 or stand alone as its own chapter. 

I beg you guys not to comment saying :UPLOAD! 

I know you guys want me to hurry, but that just stresses me out. I am trying to find the time to write for you guys since I love each and every one of my fans who take the time to read this. 

Thank You!