Chapter 9 (Part 1)

Hey there!!

Thank you guys for being amazing!!

*** Check out the amazing banner made by: ThenextJKR

This has not been edited

***

(Jon)

            Snapping the phone shut I sighed happily. Hearing Kaila's soft, melodic voice was enough to calm me and my wolf. I smiled thinking of all the ways I could make her first date special. We could always go to a fancy restaurant or go down to the pack lake. Maybe I should let Eve cook us something we could take down to the shore and we could picnic. That's romantic, right? Or would Kaila not like eating outside?

            I sighed again, only this time out of frustration. I wanted Kaila and I's first date to be unforgettable but was unsure of how to go about that. Filing it away to think about it on the car ride home, I returned to the huge conference room that I had exited to make the call.

            "Jonathan, nice to see you've rejoined us. You ran out of here like a scared kitten." The Shadow pack's alpha, Peter, sneered at me. Instantly I growled at him, putting him back into his place. His face lost the smirk and he sat down instantly, his face ashen.

            "Need I remind you that this may be your pack, but this is my territory. Which means that you answer to me. Now-" The doors flung open and a scared looking Stephan ran into the room frantically searching for something. His eyes landed on me and he walked over, trying to stay calm.

            "Alpha, there seems to be a problem." I narrowed my eyes at him, not wanting any delays to getting back to Kaila. I gritted my teeth and went into Alpha mode.

            "What is it?"

            "Rouges, along the north side of the perimeter. We took them by surprise, like they weren't used to having guards on the land. We took them most of them down, but one escaped. We fear he is going back to get reinforcements." I turned to Peter.

            "How long have rouges been entering freely onto my land?" My tone was deadly, and I saw Peter's head bow slightly.

            "Four months." My fist clenched and I was about to lunge at him before Kaila's face floated into my head. I took a deep breath and thought about her laugh, her smile, and relaxed.

            "You have until I get back from dealing with these rouges before you will be discharged as an Alpha and dismissed from  my land. Say your goodbyes." I stalked out of the house and ripped into my wolf form. Running up to where Stephan was leading me I met up with my warriors. They were pacing around the battle sight and my nose twitched at the smell of burning flesh. With a slight turn of my head I saw Lucy in her human form burning the rouges' bodies.

            'Status report.' I thought to Garrett.

            'Rouges came strolling in like they own the place, we asked them- nicely I might add- to leave and they jumped us. We killed five of the six rouges and the last one, a young female, escaped and we fear that they will be coming back for vengeance.' I nodded at him.

My ears perked up as I heard multiple footsteps and I let a snarl out. My warriors got in position, Lucy had transformed back into her wolf as suddenly we were surrounded by wolves. We were easily outnumbered ten to one. I snarled again, hating the odds, as Peter stepped out in his wolf form, gun in hand. I quickly broke the fragile link connecting my mind with Kaila, knowing where this was going, and transformed back into my human form. For a few moments we stared at each other.         

            "Peter, what are you doing?" I asked softly, not wanting to push him over the edge. I noted a  crazed look in his eye. My heart beat faster, not afraid but angry. Angry that I had just found the most beautiful woman in the world and now I was being threatened.

            "I'm doing what I should have done four months ago. Killing you, and taking control of your pack." Growling I took a step forward, no one threatens my pack especially since I had my mate. He cocked the gun.

            "These are Silver Nitrate bullets laced with a diluted form of aconitum, or more popularly known as wolf's bane. Pure aconitum will poison a wolf to death, but these will just severely weaken your wolf. You move again and I'll shoot." He had the barrel right over my heart.

            "So you think you can hold a gun up to me and demand I give you my pack? Goddess, you are dumber than I thought." I didn't give him time to answer as I lunged, shifting in midair and aiming for his throat. I pinned him down to the ground and gave the equivalent of a wolf laugh when I ripped his throat out.

            My ears didn't register the shot, but I felt the worst pain I had ever known explode right above my heart. I looked up for the source of the gun and directly into Logan's amused eyes.

            "That was entertaining, my friend. Lights out for you."

            My last thought before blacking out was that I was glad Kaila wouldn't feel this.

****

So now you know why Jon didn't answer Kaila's mental shout.(:

Comment-Fan-Vote(: