Chapter 5: Our Final Feast

"And she swung and crashed the sword over his back with deep anger and power in her eyes!" Asmund shouted as he swung his broiled chicken leg around, small bits of the skin flinging about. I calmly sat beside him, my face burning red as I carefully moved out of the way every so often to dodge the chicken.

His foot was propped up on the table, smearing dirt and mud upon it though no one seemed to care.

Every evil part of me wanted to simply poke his leg and watch him fall as a joke. But I didn't. That would be mean... right?

A small group of people were crowded around him looking up at him in awe then back down to me.

"You really hit the Prince!? With a sword! You're a bold girl" A boy cried miraculously, an amused smile playing at his chapped lips.

I stuttered, at a loss for words. I didn't actually hit the prince multiple times with a sword. I glanced up to Asmund- his eyes met mine and they seemed to beg me to go along with it.

"Uh... y-yes? I mean it's really not-" I began.

"See! She confirms it! My friend, Y/N- the Giant Slayer, the Prince Beater!" He shouted over me. I buried my rouge colored face in my hands as he raised his chalice in my name. The group joined him loudly.

"Asmund, I didn't do any of those! You're going to get me in trouble or something," I laughed as he calmed down and took his not so humble seat next to me chopping down sloppily on his chicken.

"Pfft, no one gets in trouble for telling stories." He smiled, winking at me. I sighed in defeat. One of these days Asmund and I are going to get it. A few girls had wandered over to him, swaying their hips slightly and giggling. I rolled my eyes.

Tell one story and you have them all.

"Excuse me, Y/N, these lovely ladies are calling me," he winked at me and stood up with a new spring in his steps. I waved him off anyway, letting my eyes wander around the table.

The Warriors Three, a name the three oafs in my training group called themselves, were surrounding Thor as usual, laughing and drinking. Sif was there as well, a strong smile on her face. She would always be more of a confident warrior than me, I thought to myself. She was strong, hardy, and the group considered her one of their own 'men.'

Loki, however, was watching me. I cocked my head slightly, as I caught his eyes. He shook his head slowly and drank from his glass, pointing with his other hand. I looked to where he was pointing to see Asmund once again, but this time he was sauntering off between two pillars with the two girls from earlier.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, making my way to where Loki sat, leaning back looking as bored as ever.

"What?" I ask as I lean on the table, Loki raises a brow at me.

"What, what?" He asks innocently. His emerald eyes staring into my own. His pale fingers dances around on the table leaving small trails of verdant magic in their wake.

"Do you not approve of my comrades story telling?" I ask.

"Well... it's a bit rough. He forgot to add the look of guilt and sheer terror in your face after and the fact that it was a long, strong, wooden stick." He mocked, his nose scrunched up slightly.

"Yes he tends to get carried away. I don't understand why though. There is no glory in fibbing about another to increase your own popularity. Why not lie about yourself?" I asked, folding my arms in front of my chest. A loud hardy cry of laughter echoed in the halcyon dining hall. Immediately I assumed it was one of Prince Thor's buddies if not himself. The laughter was followed with the sound of glass shattering and more laughter.