30-What Is Love?

Začít od začátku

"Okay, Stiles, just to warn you, you're going to hear a lot of noise during the MRI. It's due to pulses of electricity going though the metal coils inside the machine. If you want we can you some earplugs, headphones." The doctor suggests.

Both Cara and Scott were looking down as Stiles played with the former's fingers to calm his nerves and Cara didn't mind one bit.

Stiles finally looked up and shrugged his shoulder lightly, not stopping. "Oh no, no, no, I don't need anything."

"Hey we're just on the other side of the window." The Sheriff who was in normal clothes, which for Cara was quite abnormal, assures as Melissa smiled, nodding in agreement.

Stiles nodded his head, not wanting to open his mouth to speak. The air was thick with tension and awkwardness. Stiles clapped his father's back, trying to assure him that he's going to be okay. The three adults left the room nodding at the teenagers that they'll give them space.

"You know what their looking for, right?" Stiles asked as he squeezed Cara's hand. "It's called frontotemporal dementia.Area's of your brain start to shrink. It's what my mother..."

Cara looked to the floor as Scott did, not being able to think straight as the boy trailed of, he continued. "It's the only form of Dementia that can hit teenagers. And there's no cure."

A tear fell down Scott's face, his eyes not leaving the polished, white floor for a split second. "Stiles, if you have it, we'll do something. I'll do something."

Scott's dark brown eyes finally looked up, staring at Stiles. Stiles nodded engulfing Scott in a hug, both getting emotional and Cara let's out a sigh not being able to contain her emotions.

With that, Scott left leaving space for the couple who had yet to speak.

"It's gonna be okay, Stiles." Cara said softly, though she was telling herself that.

"Will it, Cara?" Stiles questioned, squinting his eyes.

Cara's face drops, she looked at the ceiling before looking back to the boy she couldn't stop thinking about. "We have survived through all of this, we can survive this, I mean the Darach wasn't that easy."

Stiles chuckled softly. "I do have a badass girlfriend." Cara nods before both of them got serious.

"Whatever it is, Stiles. I don't care, I'm going to be with you the whole time, okay? It's too hard to think about a world without you." Cara tells him, eyes teary as she grabs his hand again. "I don't wanna know what it's like to live without you. I cant."

Stiles kissed her hand before rubbing circles at the back of her hand. "I know. I can't either. I don't wanna leave either."

A tear slips out of Cara's eye as Stiles pulls her closer and gives her a hug, resting his hand on her head as Cara squeezed his shoulders and rested her head on it, pulling away she smiles teary eyed and he kisses her lips quickly, savoring the moment before his mind would be driven insane.

"It's okay to be insane, right?" Stiles asked and Cara nods not being able to speak through the tears.

"I'm right outside, okay?"

"Okay."

****

Cara was seated outside the hospital room Stiles was currently in she rested her head on Scott's shoulder as Derek approached them, taking a seat in front of them.

"You know the stuff you were telling me about chemo signals earlier? It reminded me of the time you were teaching me to use anger to control the shift." Scott said but is cut off by Derek,