Hospitality

After walking through the long, cold, smelly, and dark sewer tunnels of New York, we had made it back to the lair.

Same as before, the ominous atmosphere in the tunnels slowly vanished as we neared the lair. The smell of pizza still lingered in the air and my body had fully warmed up.

The lair still looked the same as before. Instead of going their separate ways like last time, they all followed Donnie and I to Splinter's room.

Leo was the first to get there and knocked softly. A moment later, Splinter was at the door, surprised to see me again, and this time with a duffle bag. Already knowing their situation from past dilemmas, Splinter had already come up with the conclusion that I had to stay there for a while.

His eyes soften and he smiles. "Make yourself at home child. Leonardo, please make our guest some tea while your brother explains the situation to me." He says without breaking eye contact with me. Usually I would feel uncomfortable about holding eye contact with someone I barely knew, but for some reason, the feeling Splinter gave off was a fatherly feel. As if I could tell him anything and he would understand and help me solve my problems.

As we enter his room, I see a shelf lining the wall, a futon on the floor, and a coffee table in the middle of the room. On the shelf were some objects. The one I noticed was the picture of what seemed to be a man with a woman and a baby. I figured the man used to master Splinter, but Donnie hadn't told me everything about his past, so I didn't know who the woman and child was.

After we sit down, Leo walks in with a tray containing the tea kettle and cups. He sets it down beside me and rests his hands on his lap.

"Sensei. Shredder is after (y/n)." Donnie says. Splinter gazes at Donnie and closes his eyes. He looks down and breaths in.

"It was only a matter of time before he would go after others." He says and looks at me. "(Y/n). I am sorry to say, but your life is now in danger. My sons and I will do everything in our power to keep you safe. However, Shredder will stop at nothing to hurt the ones we love." He says and eyes Donnie.

Donnie starts to blush, as do I. Leo clears his throat and stands.

"(Y/n), I shall show you to your room." He says and walks towards the door. "Oh, okay." I say.

I stand and was a about to leave, until I remembered that I didnt say my thanks. I turned around and started to stammer.

"U-um, Thank you M-master Splinter! I-I appreciate y-your hospitality!" I say and bow. Splinter chuckles and puts up a hand. "Your very welcome."

From embarrassment, I turn and leave the room quickly. As I leave the room, Leo follows after me and shuts the door. I turn around and noticed Donnie was still in the room with Matter Splinter.

Leo sees me watching the door and nudges me. "They're just talking. He'll be out soon." He says and starts to go down a hallway I've never been to.

I am lead to a room with a bed, a table, and a dresser. I see some pink pillows already on the bed and some books stacked in the corner.

"There have been some occasions where April had to stay with us also." Leo says. I nod and set my things down on the dresser and zip it open.

"I'll leave you to it. Raph already ordered pizza, so it will be about 15 minutes till it arrives." He says and leaves. I look around the room and sit on the bed, laying my head down on the fluffy pillow. When I do this, I tease how tired I was, and was in a much need of a shower.

"Rough day?" I hear somebody say from the door. I look up to see Donnie walk in with a lamp in his hand.

"Noooo, I'm used to this kind of thing!" I say and push my face into the pillow. I hear Donnie chuckle and set the lamp down on the night stand.

"Sorry to have you dragged into this. You don't deserve to be hunted down by a psychopath." He says and turns on the lamp. More light floods the room and my vision fills up with the pink fluffiness.

"To be honest, I'm actually having a lot of fun. Despite being kidnapped and have my life be threatened." I say.

"But truthfully, I'm loving the excitement."

Donnie looks at me with a worried expression. "Sometimes, too much excitement can lead to disappointments." I look at him and sit up.

"Trust me. It beats family game night." I say.

He gives a small smile and admires the lamp. "Let's hope you're right."

His t-phones buzzes and he checks to see it. "I'll give you time to freshen up before the pizza gets here. Which is precisely in 11 minutes and 43 seconds." He says.

I give him a thumbs up and fall back into the bed. After I hear him leave, I slowly roll off of the bed and onto the cold stone floor. For about 30 seconds, I enjoy the coldness in my face until I see a couple of magazines underneath the bed.

I reach underneath the bed and try to get ahold of the magazines. Right when I was about to reach them, Mickey bursts through the door and starts yelling.

"(Y/n)!!! H-hey! What you doing down there dude?! " He says and fumbles with his arms and leans against the door. He finally crossed his arms and gives me a smile.

"Oh, hey Mickey. I was going to look at what these magazines were..." I say and teach for them again. Suddenly ly, I felt a chain wrap around my ankle and I am pulled back from the bed.

"Naw! Bet it's nothing!! HEY! I smell pizza~!" He says and pulls me up. He then starts to push me out and ends up pushing me into the living room where Leo was once again watching his show. He never once looked our way and stared at the screen.

"Oh, right! Y-you need your things. Here! Ill get the bag!" He says and runs back. He then pops back from the corner and points a finger at me.

"Stay~!" He says and leaves once again.

"What's up with him?" I ask Leo. Leo didn't answer me and kept watching the space show. Just then, Raph walks in with a cup in his hand and jumps onto the couch.

"He doesn't know that we know about his secret stash of magazines." He says and joins in with leo. I blush a little at the thought of innocent Mickey reading that sort of material.

"He hides them cuz he thinks they're the limited edition comics of his favorite super hero. It's not. That's just what we told him on his birthday." Raph says and takes a sip of his beverage.

I realise the situation and am relieved at the thought and laugh it.

Mickey then returns with my bag and throws it at me. "I handled the magazines for you! No need to worry about them anymore!" He says nervously and smiles.

"Thanks Mickey." I say and head to the bathroom.

I close the door behind me and get out my comfy clothes and a hairbrush. I look at myself in the mirror and see the horror going on on top of my head. I slowly start to brush out the tangles and figure out how I was going to put it up. Finally deciding on a bun, I then change into the clean clothes and put the dirty ones in a plastic bag.

When I finish, I sit in the edge of the tub and take out my new phone.

When I turn it on, I am hit with hundreds of missed calls and messages from my parents.

"Welp, this going to be one long conversation...." I say to myself and call them back.