New Beginnings

-TheNextDay-

The entire day of school, April and Casey would ask me random questions. During lunch, the questions kept coming.

"How did you guys meet?","How old were you?","Has Donnie always been such a nerd?".

I laugh when Casey asked the last question. "Actually, yes, he was also a nerd back then." I snicker and imagine the young Donnie. "So, what was your guy's relationship status like?" asked April. I blush a little and look towards her. "Well, we were just friends. But, you know, I guess he could have been my first crush." I say embarrassingly. "Haha, looks like you got some competition Red." laughs Casey and continues to eat his tacos. April gives a short glare towards Casey and turns back to me. "He's joking." she says and continues to eat. I watch them silently and wonder what they meant. I shrug it off and continue eating my food as well.

------------------------------------------

While walking home with the two, they tell me that they were going to meet the guys at a noodle restaurant. I learn that the owner was actually blind, so having the turtles come out from hiding didn't cause any trouble. "R-really?! That would great!" I exclaim. After exchanging numbers, I head into my apartment building and head upstairs.

Upon entering, I notice my parents were having conversation at the table. "Is something happening?" I say and set my bag down. I enter the kitchen and open the fridge for a snack. "Well, dad has to go on a business trip to England tomorrow. We are discussing if I should go with him for the week." she says. I perk up when I hear that they would be gone for a week. If they both leave, I wouldn't have them worry about me when I go hangout with the guys.

"But, I don't want to leave you here. We haven't even been here for a whole week yet." she says. "Mom, you should go. You have always wanted to go to England." I say and walk back into the room with a glass of milk. "Plus, you know how dad is afraid of flying in planes." I say and take a sip. They laugh and give each other a look.

"Hun, she's old enough to watch herself. And I don't want to spend the entire week in a place I know you would love." my dad says and holds her hand. She sighs and starts to nod. "Okay, I'll go." she says. In my head, I punch the air and silently celebrate to myself.

-----------------------------------------

The next few hours, I helped my mom pack her suit case and listened to her set of rules and what to do incase of emergency. "Oh, and no boys can come over." she says while zipping up her suit case. "Haha, like that would ever happen." I say. "I mean it (y/n). If we come back and some random kid is here, you both better start running." I laugh at my mom's seriousness and check the air. "Got it."

My dad walks in with a phone in hand and looks at his watch. "The plane leaves in 2 hours. We better leave if we want to catch it. (Y/n), there is frozen pizza in the freezer and extra money on the counter. It should be enough for your dinners." he says and walks out.

Before they left, I gave them quick hugs and reassurance that I would be okay. As, I watch them leave in the taxi, I feel my phone vibrate. I look to see April had texted me, saying "Hey (y/n)! April here! Casey and I are on our way to your place, you ready?"

I texted a quick Yes and ran back up to my apartment for a jacket and the extra money. When I came back down, I see April and Casey had just arrived. "Hey guys!" I say. "Hey (y/n), ready to go?" April says. "Yep!"

-------------------------------------------------

The noodle restaurant wasn't so far away from my apartment. Just a couple blocks and a few turns, we ended up at the interesting looking place. "Here we are!" April says and stops at a vending machine. She pushes a button and a token falls out. "You just choose the food you want and the token for your order comes out." April says. I examine it in awe while Casey puts in his order.