Chapter 8

Okay…. You know what? The last chapter, I’m guessing a lot of points for Jerron just got deducted. And well…. I don’t think this chapter is going to save Jerron. *sweats* I mentioned that this story is something that I would have never thought I’ll try out, and with this chapter, I still strongly believe that. Though, I hope this chapter turned out well enough. I’m just horrified at myself being able to write this. You guys might find it a little exaggerated though. ><

By the way, thank you so much for all those votes and comments and reads! Unfortunately, I am still horrible at using wattpad and I'm pretty sure I've missed out some people who voted or added this to their reading lists! Honestly, thank you so much for all your support. You lots are awesome people. ^^

~~~

Jerron leaned back onto his chair, a sigh taking over him as he glanced at the ceiling. He was currently at his study, where all his important documents were. He wasn’t necessarily doing work (he had already done those) but he was just staying in his room, hoping for some alone time away from a certain brown-eyed boy.

Of course, if he was outside in the same room as the boy, the latter would still ignore him straight, so he was pretty much alone either way. However, Jerron would feel the strange urge to try and converse with the boy in spite of his sullenness and obvious reluctance. The longer he spent in the room without a conversation with the boy, the stranger he felt and the stronger the urge to break this almost painful silence.

It was a strange thing. Jerron liked quietness much more than noise. He could concentrate on doing what he wanted without needing to calm down anyone or to satisfy anyone. Perhaps it had something to do with how the older man wasn’t the one who was doing the ignoring. Or perhaps, he just didn’t like himself being ignored and things not going the way he wanted them to. It was irritating really, not being the one in control.

He tapped his finger on the mouse pad of the laptop in front of him, feeling utterly bored. Ezreal was taking the couch as usual and hence the television too. And he didn’t feel like surfing the internet anymore. Jerron turned over to the door, listening to the faint buzz of the television. And envisioned the boy suddenly jumping in to do a surprise, or just anything to get this boredom off his chest.

But Ezreal wouldn’t think of coming into the study. The only place he did go, were always his own room and the living room and hardly any other place. And even to the bathroom, he would finish his business up fast and allow only the minimum presence in Jerron’s room. But even with all that, never once did the boy go into the study. It might be because the older man kept the room lock most of the time (it wouldn’t do any good, if the boy took some of the things or somehow touched his things and mess everything up) but in the rare instances where the study’s door was right open, like what it was right now, there was no reaction from the boy.

Jerron groaned, racking his head. Whenever he was bored, what did he usually do? Read a book? Nah. He didn’t feel like it. He opened a random drawer, looking dispassionately at the sacks of name cards. Name cards… Ah, maybe he could clear the useless ones. They had been piling up.

His eye caught a name card, ‘Ruby’. Jerron blinked. How could he ever forget? He could just go to his favorite club as usual for a drink. It might not be night time yet, but he was sure that Eva would entertain him as usual.

With a new goal in mind, he closed the laptop and decided to get ready to go out.

When he was done, he shot another one of his cheerful smile at the sullen boy on the couch. The smaller frame tensed.