Chapter 1

Truth to be told, I can’t believe I’m writing a story like this. Well, the first scene, in any case. I wouldn’t have thought myself capable of writing the setting the first scene took place in, but here it is. Oh well, the more we attempt…

Anyway, I got this idea from a drama CD I heard one day and I couldn't stop thinking about doing the story. Many thanks to theCuppedCake because she's the one who convinced me to do this.

WARNING: DARK MATURE THEMES, NOT A FLUFF STORY -- which is why I put R-rated... or would PG-13 already suffice..?

~~~

Alcohol filled the air as bodies danced to the rhythm of the techno music bursting through the speakers. Multi-colored lights flickered. Smoke and sweat penetrated the air as the people slid and grinded their bodies against each other.

“Hey there, handsome.”

Sitting at the counter and away from the crowd on the dance floor was Jerron Litt. He looked up at the feminine voice to see a redhead slotting into the barstool beside his. Her long curly red hair fell to her waist and a pair of luscious red lips were pulled up to a smile.

The twenty-three-year-old man grinned at her. “Why, hello, Eva. You look as beautiful as ever.”

She tossed her long red curls to her back as she crossed her legs, her black skin-tight dress riding up her thigh. “Thank you, Jerron,” she winked at him, “You of course are dashing as always.”

She put her arms around his neck and was about to pull him in for a kiss when he suddenly held up the empty glass in between their faces. “I’m sorry for disappointing you, Eva, but I’m not here for this today.”

Surprise momentarily filled her pale green eyes as she withdrew back to her seat. “Oh? What are you here for then?”

“Just for an innocent drink. The bartenders here are rather good at mixing drinks after all.” With that, he called for another glass.

“They’ll be very happy to hear that.” She let out a laugh before pouting. “But that means that I lost a customer to them! Eva here is very hurt.”

He arched an eyebrow as he raised a hand for a bartender to refill his glass. “You, the top five hostesses of this bar, hurt?” He shook his head. “Unlikely.”

The hostess’ chartreuse green eyes followed the approaching bartender and called out to him. “Oh, give me a glass of whatever he has too, will you?”

A glass of sparkling Martini slid in front of the redhead and she took one small sip. The DJ at the end of the other side of the room was shouting something out at the audience who responded with vigor and a new piece of music started playing.

Jerron looked at her in surprise. “You aren’t going to search for any other customer?”

“I deserve a little break once in a while, okay? Besides, there aren’t as many customers here today, the rest of the girls will be more than enough.”

Jerron glanced at the huge crowd dancing at the dance floor and Eva seemed to understand what he was thinking as she added, “They came in as a group and none of them need our services. They’re only customers for our favorite bartenders here.” She gestured to said bartenders in annoyance and muttered under her breath ‘damn teenagers’.

“Ah, yes, Jerron, did I mention about my other job?” She leaned forward, giving the man a very pleasant view of her chest.

Jerron made a sound of acknowledgement that was drowned out by the pulsating music but Eva didn’t seem to care as she continued speaking. “It was successful!” she giggled. “Well, okay, I still have to clear up the leftovers, but it’s as good as done!”