His to Protect >Chapter 12

His to Protect 

Chapter 12 

Running Feet woke up slowly at first, as he was glancing around the room and beginning to hate this room and the bed he found himself laying on. He thought to himself, he wanted to be able to go lie down and sleep in his own bed that was made from the furs his father had made for him when he was just a small boy. However, that was not to be as long as he was weak as cub, he had to stay here with these white people. But once he had his strength back and able to finish what he needed to do here, he couldn't go home to his people.  

He knew he should have never turned his back on his enemy as he did a little while ago. He shouldn't gotten that closed to that man, like his father had once told him never turn your back on your enemy and that is what he had done. Now he was back into this bed he was hating with each breathe he took. 

He had to stop thinking about things that he could not change for the time beginning, by getting his mind on the things that were more important around here. Then after getting his health back, then he would go and start tracking down this man, James who had been threatening this family and doing things that was against the law of the white's man world and his people. Then he could go home with a clear mind that he has done all he could for them. 

But the first thing he has to do is get out of this bed before Golden Hair (Cassandra) comes back in here and starts mothering him like some little boy. God he hated that stuff she has been giving him. It tasted like something might have rotted or worst. He thought to himself that if he had to take one more cup full of that stuff, that she said was for his pain every time he turned around. He was afraid he might just throw it all up while her standing there. Then he would never stop hearing how bad he needed it to feel better, when all along it made him sicker than a mad dog. So the only thing he could do was act like he was find and not it pain of any kind. Only to do that was climb out of this bed and walk out there where they were. He told himself as he climbed out of bed and began walking into the other room where they were; that he would not fall flat on his face because his head felt like someone was beating the back of head like a drum with each step he took. 

As he got closer to where everyone was at, he heard Golden Hair yelling sounding ever angry and upset about something. They were not in the main room as he had thought but they outside not from the door looking at something on the ground. 

As he walked as slightly as possible toward them, he was checking all around the yard in front of him and them. Something wasn't right, besides everyone was upset about something, whatever it was he could feel it deep into his bones. That was never good.  

Once he had gotten close enough his cleared his throat and everyone turned around looking at him in complete shock that he was up moving around. 

Cassandra wiped the side of her face using her shoulder, before walking over to him. She raised her hand to his forehead to check if he had a fever, but he pushes her hand away from his face. He grabbed her hand before she could take a step away from him. Then he took his other hand putting his fingertips under her chin turning her face upward so he could look into her eyes. What he was there was fire burning in her eyes, letting him know she was still furious about what they had been talking about before he had walked outside. 

Running Feet ask her in his own language, knowing the only ones that will understand what he was asking her Billy. "Golden Hair what is going on here that has made your eyes burn with such fire in them. I have only seen you this upset once before." 

She tries to snatches her hand back, but he would not let go of her hand. She turns her face away from him, looking back in the direction of her family as stood there wanting for her to explain, what they had been talking about before he came walking outside.