Chapter 36: Bad news

"AGH ! DAMN IT !" Blackstar raged,sending his wavelength to a wall,making a larg dent. Tsubaki patted his back,trying to calm him down. "It isn't your fault,Blackstar… You never wanted this…" She mumbled. "Not my fault ? I was so stupid ! I didn't even heard her explanation… She tried to explain,but I denied it ! AGH !" He angrily yelled. Tsubaki was about to speak,but Maka stopped her. "Let him… I know how sad and angry he is right now… Let him release his feelings." Maka sighed. Tsubaki just sighed also,then nodded.

Stein finally came out of the room,which made Blackstar perk up and glance at him. "How is she ? Is she okay now ?" He quickly asked. Stein sighed,before twisting the screw in his head. "Well… Alive,yes. She's lucky to survive that." He said. Everyone sighed in relief. "But she'll look like she was dead… Even though she really isn't…" Stein muttered. Blackstar's eyes shot wide. "What do you mean…" He mumbled.

"The impact did a lot to her body,especially her head. A part of her brain got severely damaged,making her whole body shut down. In short,she's in a coma." Stein said. Blackstar froze as everyone gasped in shock. "Oh my…" Tsubaki mumbled. "But… She'll wake up,right ?" Liz asked. Stein sighed. "Well,her waking is not really a sure thing. She can just die without waking up,or if lucky,she'll wake up after a long time." Stein explained. Blackstar's eyes narrowed sprinted to your room,not wanting to believe Stein's sentence.

"(Y/N) !" He yelled. You just laid there,machines connected to some parts of your body and your head bandaged with a slight tint of blood seen from the side. Guilt rushed to him when he saw you in that state,remembering the words he said that made her feel like a monster who shouldn't had existed at all. He went beside you,then started poking you repeatedly. "Wake up !" He yelled. But you just laid there,almost lifeless. "What ?! Sit up and punch me in the face ! You hate being awakened like this,right ?! Come on ! Wake up !" Blackstar nudged you,tears starting to form from his eyes,which rarely happened. Tsubaki sighed,going in and standing beside her partner. He never said it,but she knows he's feeling mixed emotions of hurt,anger,sadness and guilt at the moment.

"Hey ! I said wake up,damn it !" He yelled,poking harder. Tsubaki laid a hand on his shoulder. "Stop it,Blackstar… You heard doctor Stein… We can't do anything but to wait.." Tsubaki sighed. "Wait ? For what ? For her to die without me even having the chance to say sorry to her ? I can't let that !" Blackstar slowly broke down,sniffing as he tried to wipe his tears away with his hands. He looked down as his own tears dropped on his lap. Tsubaki grabbed a chair from somewhere then sat on it,patting Blackstar's back.

"It'll be alright… She'll wake up. She's too strong to die just like that,right ? You know that." Tsubaki smiled,handing him a hankerchief. Blackstar glanced at it,then sighed. "Thanks…" He mumbled. Tsubaki sighed,then stood up. "It's already night time… I'll just cook some food and bring it here for everyone. Are you gonna be fine here ?" She asked. Blackstar just nodded. She just patted his head,before going outside. Blackstar stared at you,frowning.

"Sorry (y/n)… I broke my promise…"