Motivation -6-

His eye lids were heavy, like curtains getting ready to close as a play was finishing. Lance tried to prevent them from engulfing his vision in darkness- he really did, but. . .
  For some reason, he didn't see it fit not to let go.

  His drive for everything had long ago been fried, all of the energy and battery being wiped clean. It wasn't like something he could charge just by thinking pleasant thoughts. In fact, he had already tried that, and when it hadn't worked, the disappointment had been strong enough to crush any left over hoping spirit.

  He didn't know if they were still down there.
  He didn't know if his friends were around, looking for him.
  He didn't even know how long he'd been stranded on this planet. It all happened so quickly, he couldn't comprehend the simplest things. It made him second guess natural things.

'Am I breathing?'

'Did I actually ask myself that? And if I did, was it out loud?'

'When was the last time I went to the bathroom?'

  After a while of resting, eyes shut, mind swirling with upset, yet wistful thought of rescue, he realized how painful this was.

  Being alone, and unable to move around gave him time to think. Rational or not, he couldn't stop the questions and idea springing into his head like lyrics from a song he memorized.

  •—+—•

  They wouldn't get off of his tail, the Galra fleets were constantly gaining in speed, whereas he seemed to be losing momentum with every passing second. His hands were sore from gripping onto the controls in desperation and concentration, but that wasn't important at the moment.

  Only a few seconds ago had Shiro lost control and crash landed somewhere. Pidge frantically tried tracking him with a new software she'd added, but the Galra had put out a frequency that interfered with the data map.
  It was beginning to look more and more hopeless.

  Lance thought he should try to help.

  He just didn't know how.

•—•+•—•

He didn't let go.

But he really wanted to.