King Dice x Reader

(TRIGGER WARNING IF YOU CANT READ ANYTHING DEALING WITH SUICIDE OR REALLY SAD DEATH PLEASE DONT READ)

It should have been me.

The night dark and stormy as Dice strolled to his home, not caring if his suit got wet. Humming his theme as he walked, the sad street light flickering, they were losing their light. Dice noticed the small things that made the world darker, brighter, sadder, and happier. But only one person he knew could hit three of them at once, that was you. The small (h/c) haired woman that stole his heart. Each night he was greeted by you soft angelic voice, he would remove his suit coat and come sit on the couch, only to have you snuggle with him. He loved, he loved with his entire being, but love isn't strong enough to deter death.

Why did it have to be her?

The small shared house slowly came into view, the rain had softened slightly as he walked, opening the small garden's gate then walking to the front door. The house was silent from what he could hear, so he unlocked the door and went in. He jumped in surprise when you jumped out yelling "Happy Birthday!" He had forgotten his own birthday, "Darling I don't know what to say," he said as he hung his coat on the rack before walking towards you. "It's the most important day of the year, did you forget your own birthday?" You asked as you grabbed two small cupcakes from the fridge. Both were identical cubes frosted with a deep rich purple with green spots. Dice walked up behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist before resting his head on yours. "I love you~" he purred slightly nuzzling your head slightly. You chuckled "I Love you too Dice." The night was pretty calm, after celebrating his birthday you both were snuggled into each, loving each other's embrace. It was just so calm, the soft breeze from the open window filled the room with a nice little breeze. Dice looked down, you had fallen asleep cuddled into his chest. He sighed, rolling over and pulling you over onto his chest, he didn't know that tomorrow would change his life...forever.

I didn't know

He woke up opening his eyes only to see a yellow sticky stuck to his forehead. He removed it, seeing the words 'Out for a Run in the forest'. He smiled to himself before he rubbed his eyes and sat up.

POV CHANGE:

You had been running, your hair in a high ponytail. An (f/c) tank top with some black tight shorts. You loved jogging in the forest, the many colors rushing by, the smell of fresh rain and dew, the birds singing their soft melody. But that's when you saw something new, you stopped in your tracks, and when you looked into the distance the line you could see the tree dusted with a white power. You were curious, you had never seen anything like it, so you detoured from your original running path to slowly make your way towards the white fluffy powder. You heard the powder crunch beneath your feet as you walked around, the snow floated down, some getting stuck in your hair. But it wasn't really cold, but you didn't really notice as you were too enchanted by the surroundings. You were walking deeper and deeper into this new land of which you never knew existed. But what did catch your attention was the large smell of smoke, so you turned and nearly fell over. The trees surrounding this area had caught fire, you knew only to do one thing...run.

POV CHANGE AGAIN

Dice had finished cleaning the dishes and organizing the room. He heard a rapid knocking at the door. He was in rather comfy clothing, he set the dish he washing down and walked to the door, he opened the door and to his surprise, Cuphead was there bouncing around, "Dice, come look at the forest!" He basically yelled, 'What's so special about the For-' his thoughts were cut off when he saw the forest caught within a blazing red fire that consumed anything in its path. "Shit." He cursed before he lobbed the towel he held in his hand into the house before sprinting towards the forest. Dice didn't run often but when he did, he ran like his life depended on it. The forest was five minutes away walking and when Dice ran it, was one minute.

OML ANOTHER POV CHANGE:

"Follow the birds' you thought, looking up and watching the flock of birds weave between burning tree and tree. You leaped over fallen trees, your shoes pushing you forward with each step, this was the fast you ever ran. You lost the trail of birds, you slid to a halt you were at a crossroad. The road forked leading west and east, mind fighting itself you ran east, that was your mistake. You were running in the completely wrong direction, but you were running into a man's claws. The man who set the forest ablaze, take a wild fucking guess. But that wasn't in your mind, the surrounding forest was heating up, sweat dripped from your forehead. "(Y/N)!" You heard someone yell, 'Dice!' you thought as you ran towards the voice. But it wasn't, no it couldn't have been, this was just a bad dream that you would wake up from. He stood in front of you, "Hello my dear~" you heard him purr. Your eyes wide with shock, "h-how?" you questioned taking a step back, diverting fully from the forest fire that surrounded you. "Miss me much?" He was suddenly right in front of you, forcing your head to look at him. He chuckled in his low baritone voice, "Pathetic." That's when a bladed Acr of Hearts card gr lodged in his cheek. He dropped you, tearing the card from his cheek. Dice stood there, standing protectively in front of you. "About time, I thought you didn't care for her" He already had an ace of each suit ready to throw in his hand. "Get lost..." he growled, his jade greens somehow sent shivers down your back as you laid in the snow. The fight began as both men charged at each other, throwing punches and kicks. You finally got to your feet as the men fell to the ground, Dice was pinned under him, "RUN (Y/N)!" he yelled as he tried to flip the positions. You sprinted out of there but listening to his pained groans stopped you. You turned, He stood above Dice, it looked as if he had thrown him. He brandished a long silver knife, was he...monologuing? Looking at the closest weapon was a large stick that was blazing at the top. Breaking it you wielded it as you charged at the man. You jumped between the man and Dice, you violently bashed the man's face with the flaming stick. You dropped the now broken stick Dice sat up, he knew something wasn't right as a small amount if a red liquid dripping from your chest. His eyes widened as your knees buckled, he caught you and his eyes filled with tears immediately. The man's long silver knife had been plunged into your chest, blood gushed from the wound as you forced your lungs to breath. Blood dripped from your mouth as you forced yourself to breathe, "No...no no no please." he mumbled softly as he cradled you. He was scared, scared he was going to be alone again. The fire had died down, only the sound of the soft crackle and snap of trees filled your ears as an echo. You could feel very little, but you felt a tear from Dice hit your cheek, "y-you're c-crying," you said softly lifting a hand to his eyes, wiping them softly. He was speechless, but he placed his hand on yours, "y-yeah I'm crying. Problem?" he said jokingly as he watched the color fade from your skin, "n...no." you managed, you laughed softly before your head rolled to the side. Your hand slipping from his, landing on your chest. "(Y/n)? Please, please don't leave me..." he said in a sad defeated voice as he cried freely over you. One of his worst nightmares became a reality. A sick twisted reality.

If I had run faster, I could have saved her.

Dice was silent, he didn't say a word after your death. People tried to get him to speak, but they all failed he had grown thinner than usual and lost a lot of sleep. He couldn't get you out if his mind. Your smile, eyes, laugh, or even the times when you would hulk out. But what tore him the most was the day that you had died, was the day he was going to propose. He finally snapped he could take it anymore, he wanted to be with you, to hold you and kiss you. He wanted to kill himself, and that's what he did. He took your old pocket revolver from your dresser before he smiled for the first time in weeks and said, "I love you, so much." He pulled the trigger and he was gone. The people outside the house heard the gunshot and entered the house, they looked around before they found him in a puddle of his own blood.

Dice blinked, everything was a blinding white. So he sat up and looked around. His eyes watered as he saw your small figure stand not to far from him. Your eyes widen, he was up on the matter of seconds, his arms wrapped tightly around you and vice versa. No words were exchanged as he pulled you into a a long awaited passionate kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(1664 Words)

Kinda made it really depressing so I tried to make up for it in the ending.

Here... 🍫🍪🍬🍨 It's free my dudes