King Dice x Devils Lackey! Reader [UPDATED VERSION]

CW: Brief mention of mutilation

Before we get this show on the road lemmie just say, Hi! This is the test of what could come. For now enjoy the story as I Doubled it in length (From 1737 to 3638) for ya'll.

- = + = -

Everyone knows the story of the cup brothers, right? Two brothers foolishly bet their lives to the devil and end up throwing him to the curb, leaving his debtors and lackeys free. They go on to live happy lives frockling about Inkwell Isle as they please. Those Cuphead brothers made peace with each one of the debtors they fought, that included the oh so infamous King Dice. Being free from his old boss's demands had given Dice a huge change in his attitude. No one would have guessed Dice was a caring man, giving more than his took and wearing a true smile rather than the fake one he plastered on everyday.

Dice would normally go and sit at his favorite bar, sipping slowly on his drink as he enjoyed the quiet. No sudden noises or flashing light, the air wasn't filled with cigar smoke and the windows let in soft rays of light. He rested his head on his closed hands as he sighed. He normally enjoyed the jazzy rag-time music that played in the background but he jumped slightly. He looked over at the phonograph in mute shock, he hadn't heard this song in years, hell maybe decades.

"Reader?" Dice muttered under his breath as he sat up, his head swiveling as he searched the empty bar. How on earth had he forgotten about you? You practically raised him. The memories came flooding back as he remembered the nights in the alley outside of whatever shop let you stay under their roofs. Baggy clothes and scuffed knees didn't keep either of you from singing and dancing in the street puddles. He chuckled at the nights when you tried to teach him cards and ended up losing his favorite pair of gloves to you. He rubbed his eyes as he sat in shock that he had forgotten those nights. He wondered how you had been all these years. He found some comfort in the fact he never saw you near the Casino, so you couldn't have been doing too bad. Dice looked down at his watch and tsked. He was going to be late if he didn't leave. He waved down the bartender and paid his tab, leaving in a hurry as he tried to make up for lost time.

Dice ran quickly as he mumbled soft curses to himself as he fought to push pass the heavy trees. Next time he would just take the normal way and risk being late, this 'shortcut' was awful! He tumbled out of the tree line as he saw most of the group there already, sitting down and enjoying the summer air. He fixed up his bow tie and brushed the remaining foliage off of him as he announced himself to the group.

"Heya fellas! Sorry I'm late, I got caught up at...the bar." Dice let his sentence trail off as he realized the group wasn't relaxing, they were watching a fight. Dice quicken his pace and rushed to the group, he was going to ask something when Hilda Berg grabbed her face and wailed,
"Oh Dicey! The Devil's Lackey came for Poor Ribby and Croaks!" She grabbed onto Dice's legs as Mugman had to hold his brother back. Dice looked at the ongoing brawl and let his jaw hit the floor. The stance, the power, the damn song, he blinked in horror as his old friend stood in front of him beating the pulp out of the two poor frogs. He froze as you subconsciously hummed that haunting show tune that he had heard in the bar. The fight was over before it began, sadly Ribby and Croaks laid in a lump over each other.

You shook out your hands as you tossed Ribby aside and you pulled their soul contract from Croak's glove. You opened the scroll up as you tossed the group a small smirk and nod. That would have been it, you would have returned to the casino and waited for your next mission but that damn cup had too open his flap.

"That ain't fair! They were our friends!" You looked back over your shoulder, glancing from the cup to the newest party member. You almost didn't recognize him in his normal attire, tacky purple suit and bowtie. You returned your gaze to the little mug who was storming up to you, his face twisted into a nasty sneer that you found laughable.