Chapter nineteen

Magsimula sa umpisa

Elena had teared up but he could not tell because of all the water dripping down her face.

"I don't know if it's safe for me to have these feelings. I've never had a weakness before, but now I do. You are my one and only weakness. So please, don't leave me again." he said looking kinda sad. Elena had never felt more deeply about him than now. He had pored out his feelings to her and she felt exactly the same. She leaned forward and kissed his lips with a strong force to show him how happy he had made her. He kissed her back and she pulled a smile.

"I won't leave you, Jerome. You are the best thing that ever happened to me."

They walked in the dining room where everybody sat ready to eat breakfast. All eyes were on them as they entered. Jerome smiled at everyone before he turned to Elena. He suddenly grabbed her cheeks and unexpectedly kissed her in front of everyone. Her eyes widened and she looked over at the others. Both Barbara and Tabitha's jaw almost dropped to the table. Only Barbara looked over all exited, but Tabitha was just shocked. He pulled away and dragged out her chair like a gentleman and she quickly looked over at Barbara trying not to blush at her reaction.

"Ahh this looks delicious!" Jerome said as he sat down beside her. Theo gave Elena a look that made her smile go away instantly. Then he pulled that fake smile like usual as he looked over at Jerome.

"I see you two have developed some type of..relationship?" he said not sounding pleased at all. Jerome nodded as he stuffed in on all types of different food.

"You could say that." he joked. Elena didn't dare to say anything. She just wanted to eat in peace and avoid any awkward questions.

"Hah, I heard them last night." Aaron said and giggled which made Elena, Jerome and Barbara burst out in laughter. It was like a five year old that had just heard his parents doing it in the next room. It was hilarious.

"Enough with the nonsense." Theo then said and killed the mood completely.

"Gosh Theo, relax. Were just joking around." Barbara said as she rolled her eyes at him. Theo glanced at her with an angry look and she only gave it in return.

"We have important things to do. We are attending the gala that is being hosted tonight. As you know you guys know Jerome will be in disguise as the magician, Barbara as the assistant, Aaron as a security guard, and Elena as a waiter. This is all broadcasted live so this is a good opportunity to make Gotham tremble once and for all. I've heard the billionaire Bruce Wayne is attending so please, use him for something good. It will guarantee we make the Gotham Gazette. Then I'll step in as the hero and you guys escape right after." he said and smiled pleased as he daydreamed abut him becoming mayor of Gotham. Elena raised an eyebrow at him and crossed her arms

"What if something happens? What if Jim Gordon attends? He will not hesitate with shooting neither Jerome or Barbara. Probably me too." she pointed out to him.

"Don't worry about Jim. He won't dare shoot any of you. Plus he has been all up in my business lately. He is getting onto me and I would like to see him suffer." Theo answered with a vicious look. After breakfast Barbara dragged Elena with her to her bedroom and forced her down on the bed.

"Tell me everything!" she said as she grabbed Elena's shoulders and shook her back and forth. Elena smiled and nodded.

"It was..amazing. He kissed me, we..you know haha." Elena started to chuckle as she talked about it, "But today as we showered together, he said he had fallen for me." she said and waited for Barbara's reaction. Her eyes widened and she screamed with such a high pitched voice so it hurt in Elena's ears.

"Oh my god, finally! I knew you guys liked each other. Oh I'm so glad!" she said and hugged Elena tight. Barbara was so caring and involved in Elena's life. How did she ever deserve such a good friend?