The Fight

The next morning Nia went to a meeting that allowed her to see the plans they had formed

The next morning Nia went to a meeting that allowed her to see the plans they had formed. Tristan had informed them that he sent scouts out last night to make sure they wouldn't leave. When he asked Nia on the outlook of their camp she provided what little she could since she hadn't been watching them for awhile.

Once they were through she set out to find Alec and Jade. She found them beside the tree they had slept last night. She sat down and looked at them a moment before speaking to them.

"Jade I want you to stick close to me. Use your knives, if there is one you can't handle then call me and I'll handle it. If at any point you get separated from me then find Alec." Jade nodded as Nia placed a kiss on her head. She then got up to gather her supplies and leave the two to talk.

"Promise me something." Nia said as she watched Jade.

"Anything." Alec said as he looked at her.

"If anything happens to me, promise you'll get Jade and Fox out."

Alec didn't like the idea of losing her in this fight but he knew it would call her nerves. "Okay."

Once they had finished talking they headed out. Alec left with the others who would draw out fire while Jade stayed beside Nia.

Soon darkness had fallen and the drums began beating. The warriors moved into position. Nia made her way to where Tristan and Anya were. When she got there she saw a person leaning against a tree bloodied. She knew that it must have been the prisoner Anya had before. A voice brought Nia's attention to Tristan, in his hands was a radio.

"Jasper's right. Don't fire unless your sure it's an attack. Repeat, do not fire unless you're sure. West Foxhole pulling back."

Nia watched as Tristan plunged a knife into the boy's leg. His screams made Nia shut her eyes for a moment.

"That's for not telling us about the minefield." Tristan said justifying his actions.

"What do we do now?" Anya questioned above.

"Now we attack." Tristan said moving forward. Everyone followed except Nia and Jade. Jade held a look of confusion but stuck beside her nonetheless.

Once Nia was certain everyone had passed she moved forward and pulled her pack off. She grabbed a cloth and a vial and knelt down beside the boy. She quickly wrapped his wound before he could protest and tied it tightly. When she was done she tried to give him the vial but he squirmed away.

She sighed before speaking. "This will help with the pain."

Finally, Murphy allowed her to give it to him but once she was done another warrior came running back. She had finished packing away her things when he stepped onto the ridge.

"Tristan sent me to guard him." He stated to the two in front of him.

"Good and I thought he would be left alone." Nia said not waiting for an answer as she walked away.