romeo and juliet || Damian Wayne

Start from the beginning

You didn't stop pouting, it's been days since the last time you saw Damian, you couldn't call him because you knew your dad would listen so you texted him instead. You would always put your phone down when your father was around, he was always suspicious since then and would always lecture you about you being too young for having a boyfriend.

But that aside, he was actually pretty upset that you didn't tell him about it. You understand that he was just afraid for your being, he didn't want you to be hurt. You admitted that you indeed had a few fights with Damian but he never laid a hand on you no matter how mad he was, he didn't even scream at you and keep his cool while you were the opposite. Not the hitting part.

Your father never forces you to break up with Damian though. He just told you to stay away.

Tonight, you had another small fight with him. He was going to the Wayne manor again, helping Bruce with something that had to do with the League. You asked him if you could come only to receive a flat out 'no', you insisted that you wanted to help and your father reply with;

"I know you only want to see, Damian."

Which was true.

"But I'm eighteen!" You argued through gritted teeth, you've had enough of his overprotectiveness. You were not that little girl who needed his father help with walking anymore, you were big enough to make your own decision. "Dad, just- please!"

Your father, or Superman at the time, didn't say anything he just shook his head before leaving the house. You caught your mother giving you a sympathetic look but it didn't help, you wanted to see Damian or at least hear his rare chuckle or just his voice.

Dare you say that it felt like having a Romeo and Juliet kind of relationship, you were also felt like Ariel, having an overprotective father though for almost a different reason. They both acted kind of like an ass but you still love your father.

Your mother was the complete opposite of him, she supported your relationship, in fact, she was happy. Once, you overheard her telling your father to loosen up a bit, stop being so dramatic and accept the reality that their daughter is all grown up, not needing any protection from him or her yet Clark was being stubborn and insisted the opposite which made you think that he was in some kind of denial.

You stared up at the sky, your window was open as you crossed your arms over the frame. The cold yet soothing wind gently blew your hair back as if trying to ease you from the heavy feeling in your chest.

"I miss you, Damian," you whispered sadly to the night sky.

"I miss you too, Love," the last thing you'd expect was hearing Damian's voice, you really thought you were hallucinating and you wondered if not hearing his voice for a long time could drive someone crazy.

The sight of him slowly sliding down from the top of your roof made you push those thoughts aside, he was wearing his Robin suit but his mask was lifted up. You couldn't stop the cheerful smile from tugging at your lips as you stepped aside to let him in through your window.

As soon as his feet touched the floor, you tackled him to the ground with your arms wrapped around his torso and your face nuzzling into his strong chest. He didn't hesitate to return your bone-crushing hug, you heard him took a deep inhale of your scent before speaking.

"I'm sorry it took me so long."

You quickly shook your head, lifting your face from his chest, happy tears pouring out of your eyes. "Don't apologize, I'm glad." You tightened your arms around him, "but I'm afraid you can't stay too long, my dad will be back."

A chuckle rumbled in his chest causing you to raise an eyebrow at him. "He won't until tomorrow."

"How'd you know?" You slowly pull away from him, a skeptical look etched on your pretty face, "you didn't do anything to him, did you?"

"No, I asked my father if he can keep him busy at the Watchtower," Damian smirked proudly.

Slowly, you guided him to sit on your bed and you didn't waste any time to settle your self between his legs, your back pressed against his chest as you told him everything he had missed. Damian happily listened, savoring the moment he had with you until your bedroom door opened, revealing your mother.

"Mom!" You frantically scoot away from Damian, you were still a little afraid that even though your mother approved she still didn't want you to get too touchy-feely with him. Especially when Damian sneaked into your house instead of knocking the front door and politely ask if he could talk to you.

Damian's heart nearly leaped out of his ribcage, all color drained from his face as he gets off of your bed. He was afraid that he'd left a bad first impression.

Your mother giggled at the sight of your mortified expressions, she pushed the door open further and happily showed a batch of cookies and two glass of milk on the tray in her hands.

"Calm down, I know that you will come," she assured, putting down the tray on your bedside table, smiling warmly at Damian. "You must be Damian, correct?"

Damian nervously nodded, taking off his gloves and shook your mother hand when she offered a handshake.

"How did you know that I will come, Mrs. Kent?"

"Bruce told me."

Damian's eyebrow twitched, traitor, he thought.

Your mother gently ruffled Damian's hair, the boy visibly froze at the gesture seeing he still wasn't used to receiving some kind of affection from a stranger but he didn't move.

"Take care of my daughter." She retracted her hand from his head and gave him a thumbs up, "if you want to talk with my husband, I will gladly help."

"I will and thank you, Mrs. Kent." Damian politely said as he nodded once more, watching your mother left after she told him to call her by her first name instead and told him to use protection making you blush deeply.

When the door closed, Damian sat back down on the bed, turning his head to the side to look at you. He looked beyond relieved that he only has Clark to worry. He then pulled you into his arms again as he fell down the bed.

You squeaked in surprise, hanging onto his shoulder as you lightly bounced on the bed.

"What are we gonna do now?" You asked, snuggling more into his chest.

"For now?" He paused, taking your chin in his fingers before lifting your head up, pressing his lips tenderly to yours. "Let's have fun then we'll talk to Clark when he's back."