Chapter Four // Change

Johnny Cade was walking to the lot when he sees a small boy sitting there, shaking and crying. The boy has something his hands but can't tell what it was.

The small boy begins to press the object onto his skin a few times and Johnny stands frozen in place in realization. His feet were glued to the ground and his eyes were locked on the boy.

"Hey! S-stop that," Johnny yells.

Quickly, his feet move and he jogs over to the small boy and frowns. He kneels next to him and carefully pulls the blade from his hand, closing it and putting it in how own back pocket.

The small boy shakes and cries more, not even bothering to try and get his blade back. Johnny pulls off his jacket and presses it to the cuts on his arm, murmuring calming words to the boy.

"It's going to be okay kid, I promise," Johnny says softly.

The boy looks at him with his teary eyes and Johnny stares back at him. Johnny watches as one of the other boy's eyes turn to green and smiles softly.

He pulls off his own sunglasses and puts them aside, letting the younger boy see his own eyes. Slowly, the young boy's tears stop and he sniffles.

"Y-you're eyes changed," the smaller boy murmurs.

Johnny nods slowly and puts a bit more pressure on his wounds. He takes his free hand and wipes the younger boy's tears away gently.

"M-my soulmate," the young boy murmurs softly.

"The one and only," Johnny says gently.

Ponyboy instantly throws his arms around Johnny tightly, burying his head in the crook of his neck. Johnny falls back slightly but wraps his arms back around the boy, smiling more.

"I'm Johnny," Johnny says.

"I-i'm Ponyboy," he murmurs, his voice muffled.

"I like that name, it's unique and... Adorable," Johnny says.

Ponyboy looks up at him with slightly widened eyes and his cheeks are dusted pink. Johnny chuckles lightly and looks at him.

The younger boy was truly a sight to see with his greenish hazel eyes and freckles dotting over his nose and cheeks. His curly auburn hair was slicked back nicely.

Johnny carefully stands up, pulling Ponyboy onto his feet and taking his hand in his own. He looks at Ponyboy's injured wrist and purses his lips in thought.

"Do you know a place where we can get your wrist cleaned up and bandaged," Johnny asks.

"Yeah... My house," Ponyboy mutters.

×  ×  ×  ×  ×

How was this?

Sorry it's short but oh whale