the follow-up

I finally arrived back in new york after a very long weekend, and I am ready to get back on schedule. 

Today I am working a 7-3 shift at the hospital, I'm hoping I will not have to stay over because of all the extra appointments I have to do, due to yesterday. 

I walk into the hospital to start my morning, and if you know me by know, you'll know that I am not much of a morning person, but I have to get used to it because of my morning appointments. 

I briefly look at the schedule and sigh when I realize I have all the annoying people in the morning. Katelyn comes up behind me and says 

"He's at 4 o'clock" 

I turn around and give her a weird expression, and she replies

"John, I know that's who you're looking for" and I just sigh and reply, 

"I'm not looking for John, I'm checking out my schedule for the day," 

to which she replies, "Sure ok". 

I just sigh and began my day. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kept glancing at the clock waiting for my last appointment so I could finally get out of here. My last appointment was at 4, but of course, they were running late, meaning my shift had to wait. 

Finally, at 4:30 John comes casually walking in the door. Finally, I mutter. 

I glance up at him and say, "Hi, name and appointment time please"

He chuckles and says, "I am sure you know my name by now,"

I said with an unamused tone, "real professional, John whose last name I don't know"

He says, "fine, John KENNEDY, 4 o'clock"

I reply, " Fine, MR.KENNEDY, I don't know who you think you are but normal people can't come waltzing in 30 minutes late, and still get an appointment" 

He says, "Sorry there was a ton of traffic and I thought I didn't need to call since the pretty nurse that I can't stop thinking about was going to go on a date with me this weekend" 

I just huff and take him back to his room.

"So you never denied my date offer," John said to me. I glanced up at him while getting supplies out of the drawer. 

"I never accepted it either," I replied. john just huffed at my comment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the doctor evaluated John, he determined that he would be able to get his cast off and of course I had to be the one doing that. 

I knew John was going to continue asking me to go out with him, and it's not that I don't want to, it's just that I'm not really ready for a relationship. I have a lot of thinking to do.

I walk back into John's room with all the supplies I need. He looks up as I walk in and shoots me an award-winning smile,

"Few, I was worried you dumped me on someone else," he said

I quickly shot back, "no sadly there aren't any other nurses available."

He just smirked at me and said, "okay now seriously about this date?" 

I let out a sigh and said, "look, John, I am crazy busy right now and have a lot going on so I don't think I can make the time right now"

he seemed almost shocked that I denied him, but quickly shook it off replying, "fine but don't think I won't keep trying "

I just looked up at gave a half smile and said, "well I am all done with your hand stuff so you're free to go "

He just said "okay thanks Ill see you soon for our date"

I just rolled my eyes and walked away.