fine.

It's been a week since I have heard from John. Which I strangely miss, even though we just met, he seemed to be able to connect with me and understand. I guess he was giving me the space I needed to get settled in the new city. I also knew I wouldn't be seeing him for a while at the hospital since I was recently switched to the pediatric wing.  

This week was going to be crazy at work since it is officially almost Christmas. We have been getting a crazy amount of visitors, especially celebrities that are in town. Although it makes things a little crazy, it's great to see the smile on the kid's faces. I wasn't sure who was coming in today, but a lot of people were crazily talking about it. 

All of a sudden my phone buzzed in my pocket,

John: "Hey you working today?"

what an ass I thought, that's the first thing he sent me in over a week. I was about to reply even though I really didn't want to when a code went off. I went running down the hall into the run and saw them doing CPR on one of the kids. I quickly took over while they began to get him ready to transport since he was throwing a clot. I quickly jumped up on the bed to continue CPR while they transported him. All of a sudden he began responding while we were in the hallway. I stopped compressions and glanced up toward the desk we were passing. I looked into those dark brown eyes I didn't think I would see again. I noticed Katelyn at the desk and knew they were talking about me. I had no clue why he would be here. Suddenly the kid's stats went back down and we were flying to the ER quicker than ever. 

After a long and stressful time sitting in the surgery, I finally exited and went to tell the child's parents that he was going to be okay. While walking into the waiting room,  I noticed John sitting there talking with the boy's parents. How weird I thought but quickly brushed it off as I approached them. All three instantly looked up at me,

"Your son gave us a few scares during the surgery but luckily we were able to get the clot. He is doing great now. He is still under anesthetic but should be waking up soon. I will take you back and then Dr. Mathews will be in to update you," 

Both parents and John looked greatly relieved. The parents got up with John and I said,

"I'm sorry we will only be taking parents back right now until he is up for visitors" John looked taken back when I said this but quickly replied,

"Yes um I was just waiting for someone," his eyes briefly met mine while he said that. I just nodded and took the parents back. 

After walking back out into the lobby I sat down at the desk next to Katelyn and Spencer. I let out a sigh.

Katelyn looks over and says "I take it you found lover boy"

I just groan and say "Why the heck is he even here"

Katelyn replies, "he really wants that date and I am guessing some charity stuff"

I shoot her a confused expression as I have no clue what she is talking about. She just looks at me and says,

"you mean you don't know?!"

"don't know what" I question when suddenly I hear footsteps approach and look up to be met with johns dazzling eyes and charming smile.

"John," I say

"Hey babe" he answers

I shoot him a glare while Katelyn and spencer chuckle. "What are you even doing here??" I question.

"I came to take a lovely lady on a date" he cockily replies

"wow stalker much," I say

he just smirks and replies "I was actually coming to spend some time with the kids and figured I would stop over to the ER to see if you were working afterward but quickly found you here without your help"

"sorry I was kinda busy," I say

"I see, but you have to go on a date with me now"

"Look, John, I really can't do now, maybe another time"

"fine, but I'm not leaving until you say yes and agree to actually answer my texts." 

"fine" I grumpy reply.

"good, I'll shoot you a time place and date" he responds with a smile

"can't wait," I say sarcasm evident in my voice. 

John left not too soon after that since I had to go check on my patients. Before I knew it it was time to head home. I stopped home on the way and grabbed some pizza since Katelyn, lily, and Katie were all working till nine. I arrived home to find nine new messages on my phone from who other than John. 

John: okay so send me your schedule

john: im seriously not stalking you lol I was actually going to the hospital today

john: okay you're either ignoring me which hopefully not since you said you'd reply or working...but text me and let me know :D

john: lover boy is loveeee sick

john: don't date himmm date meeee

john: akjfouidal

what the heck I thought

john: sorry ignore those last few weird ones my cousin took my phone

john: but seriously I wanna see you again

john: and I'm willing to work around your schedule, call me!!

I smiled and then responded

me: wow you sure are a sick boy. lol my schedule is crazy bc im going home for Christmas so Im working like crazy

john: ha ha I almost killed my cousin!! im willing to be crazy

me: just so you could take him to the hospital to see me?! lol, the earliest day I have is tomorrow im done at 3.

john: now you're catching on. I will work with that, I can pick u up at 5?

me: ill meet you there 

john:BOOOOO noooo then its no surprise

me: what when you kidnap me

john: YOURE SO FUNNY

me: i do find myself to be

john: seriously tho send me your address ill pick you up. Dress nice/casual. 

me: k see you then

john: im excited

me: im going to bed

john: nightttttt see you tomorrow