The run in

Today is my first official day of Thanksgiving break. Which means no classes! Of course, I still have to work, but when I get back Katelyn, Lilly and I are headed back home. 

It was a relatively slow day at work so I was beyond ready to get out of there. I had my afternoon plans all set, I was going to head home, go for a quick run and head to the gym. Then I would come home and be ready to pack the car and start the drive home. The drive takes about six and a half hours in order to get back to Ohio. Each of us usually takes a leg of the trip. 

I just got home from work and was getting changed to go and run. In high school, I ran track and cross country, but only picked it up again recently. I changed into shorts, a black jacket and a hat, and I was on my way. 

The nice thing about being in a new city is not knowing anyone, so they can't see you when you're all sweaty and gross. 

I had just finished my run and was walking back to the apartment when I hear, "Whoa, hey Grace," I briefly look around wondering who I could possibly know when he stops right in front of me. I look up and make eye contact with the person calling my name. 

"Ohh hey," I reply still unsure of who I was talking with. I must say he was tall dark and handsome and looked relatively familiar, but I could not place him. He was with another girl, who I also did not recognize in the slightest bit.  

"I'm so sorry, did I interrupt your run?" he asked. "Umm no you're fine, I just finished up," I told him. Still unsure of where I have seen him. Maybe I have run into him at the park before, its hard to keep up when I'm constantly meeting new people at work every day.  He smiled back at me and said with a chuckle, "okay, good, I would have felt awful," "no you're good. Well, it was nice seeing you, but I am heading out of town so I have to get back," I briefly told him while starting to walk away. 

"well wait," he said, as I turned around to look at him, "can I get your number?" I glanced at him with wide eyes, because I had no clue who this guy was, when he quickly said, "Yano just in case something happens with my hand since you will be out of town," I glance down at his hand and see the cast. Now it all made sense, he was the patient from last night with the broken hand. "Oh yeah right, um sure." I try to reply as smooth as possible. 

We exchange phone numbers, and then begin to go our separate ways, "Bye Grace, see you soon!" he yells, I say back "bye--" crap I still don't know his name. I briefly look down to see he saved his contact as John, and finish replying "uhh J-john, yeah bye!" and we both parted ways.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally arrived back home and the car was already packed and ready to leave. Just a simple 6-hour car ride ahead of us and then it will be all relaxation. 

Then my phone buzzed... a message from JOHN: "Hey Grace." ...

well, there goes a relaxing weekend I thought to myself.

Hey People!! Please vote and let me know what you all think!