Chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Hi, I'm new here. I'm doctor Tuller." she said and improvised. It made her a bit sad because it was Lilly's last name. But now was no time for distractions, she had to stay in character. If not she could end up blowing her cover and that would get her into serious trouble.

"Well hello." the guard said and without permission took her hand to kissed it. If she could she would have stabbed him right in the neck, but she just faked a smile as he leaned back up.

"Um, I was hoping to speak to you about one of the patients, in private." she said in a flirty tone, hoping that would make him go out in the hallway with her. He looked up and down her body and made an expression that made her feel totally uncomfortable. This guy was a creep!

"Of course." he said unlocking the door and leading her out. She made sure to open it all the way up so Edward could sneak up behind her and place his foot in between before it shut close. Luckily no other guard was around to notice. Elena quickly walked around the guard so his back was facing the door.

"Tell me, what does a fine girl like you do in a dump like this? I could think of another place you would be more comfortable, like my bed for example." he said and took a step closer to her with a perverted grin on his face. Elena noticed Edward slowly sneaking up behind the guard as he held the needle ready in his hand waiting for her signal. She raised her eyebrow at the guard and smiled satisfied as she crossed her arms.

"I hope you burn in hell, you fucking pervert." she said as Edward grabbed the guard and stuck the needle in his neck. She watched the life escaping his body and his eyes slowly closed. It was truly satisfying. He died instantly and Edward let go off him so he fell to the ground.

"Damn Ed, what's in that stuff?" Elena asked curiously with a smile.

"Oh you know, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. You'd be surprised over everything you can find in here." he said and smiled as he seemed pleased by his work.

"Let's get rid off the body before anyone notice us." Elena said and looked around her to make sure now one saw. They lifted him up and threw him in a empty storeroom. Elena kept guard outside as Edward changed the guard's clothes and took his gun as well.

"How do I look?" he said as he walked out and posed for her. Elena laughed and gave him a little applaud.

"You look very handsome, I think Oswald will notice." she said and Ed's eyes widened as he seemed shocked at her comment.

"What? I don't.." he started but Elena interrupted him with her hand up, "Ed, I'm not stupid. You like him and I think you guys would be cute together. Plus, this makes you butt look great." she said and Ed smiled from ear to ear as he blushed. He was so cute. They went to the cell block where Oswald was locked up. They walked up to the guard that was on duty guarding everyone.

"We have been given orders to escort Mr. Cobblepot outside to be transferred to Blackgate." she tried to say as confident as possible with her hands on her back. The guard studied them and looked suspicious. Edward noticed and quickly tried to save them by getting inpatient against the guard.

"Well? We don't have all day." he said harshly and the guard quickly nodded as he went to get Oswald. When he approached them Ed grabbed him by the arm and pulled him close to his side. Elena could feel Ed's butterflies all over in her stomach.

"Let's go." Ed said harsh so he would seem convincing and dragged Oswald with him as they walked out and went for the exit. While they walked Elena could feel her heart beat raise faster and faster. There was her way back to Jerome. Was he waiting outside? Oh she could not wait to see him again. She hoped he had missed her like she had missed him.