Chapter 1: Not Human

ابدأ من البداية

"Like the tea kettle?" I tease lightly pulling my hand away. She laughs nodding as we turn to the back of her car where she opens the back door grabs my duffle and throws it in.

"Hope nothing important was in there." She says before slamming the it closed and gets into the drivers seat; I was smiling at the woman who to most was probably very intimidating by her intense personality. I rather like her.

"Eh, only the Declaration Of Independence." I say casually sliding into the passenger side. Mrs. Pots starts to laugh loudly turning to look at me; her soft brown hair was starting to grey, and her round face was covered in freckles and laugh lines. Her cheeks were flushed pink, which happened to match her pink maxi length skirt, paired with a white T-shirt and a grey shawl.

"You're a funny kid Enania." She says starting up her old car; which by the way, just barely stuttered to life. As we began to pull out towards the exit that would lead me to my new home, I felt as if someone was watching me.

I was too distracted by Mrs. Pots to notice until now so quickly I turn my head towards the window and look out at the woods surrounding the private airport. At the tree line I see a black and silver wolf, it's grey eyes shining as it watches Mrs. Pots and I leave.

"Don't worry about those guys." Mrs. Pots says nonchalantly, pulling out and onto an empty road. "These woods are crawling with wolves, but they stick to themselves and we stick ourselves."

"Yeah, okay." I manage to say, but my heart was thundering as I remember the stark grey eyes that watched me. I can already tell this town will be an interesting addition to my already hectic life.

Damian's POV

My paws pound onto the soft woodland ground as Connor and I make our way towards the airport. Usually, we wouldn't bother with new arrivals since most of the time they're just people camping up in some of the cabins north of our city. But, thanks to Mrs. Pots we will be gaining one new member into our human population, so we have to make sure they're safe.

According to Mrs. Pots She was a troubled young teenager who needed a place that wouldn't kick her out at the first sign of trouble. As much as I approve of Mrs. Pots intentions, I really wished she would've come talked to us first. The town of Greenwood, Oregon consists of humans and werewolves, specifically Nightcresent Pack.

The humans in our small town that are aware of our existence are sworn to never breathe a word should they move away or have visitors. Visitors are also required to be approved before anything can happen. Cough, Mrs. Pots, cough.

As we near the edge Connor and I slow to a trot before stopping completely at the tree line. We are hidden by the shadows of the trees, but still Mrs. Pots turns to us beside her little Bug and rolls her eyes at our precautions and tries to shoo us away.

Connor steps out briefly to give her a lopsided grin as he wags his tail. Connor is my soon to be beta, once I become Alpha our dad will retire. Connors reddish brown wolf was huge, nearing my size, but not quite. His green eyes always huge and puppy like which only makes Mrs. Pots harrumph and turn away, just as the plane comes into view.

Just like that, gone is Connors goofy side as he slinks back to the sidelines with me. Our heads lowered, ears pressed flat against our head, as we take deep breaths ready to catch the scent of the new girl.

Minutes go by until loudly the plane lands, and doors open. Seconds tick by into minutes, as we wait. That's when I see a flicker of movement; Connor and I stand still just as she walks out. My eyes seem to widen as they narrow in on the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen.

She wears simple dark grey sweats, converse, and a black tank that was hugging her curves. The tank rises up an inch as she reaches the bottom and throws her head back to soak in the sun on her angelic face. I take a step forward making Connor let out a warning chuff. I freeze my movement but still watch in awe as she makes her way towards Mrs. Pots her waist length dark brown hair falls down her back in soft curls, the wind blowing them gently bringing her scent to my nose.

If I was alone I would've collapsed at how amazing her scent was; cinnamon vanilla by choice of shampoo and body wash. But naturally? She smelled of the woods when it rained, a peaceful calm smell that I wouldn't be able to get enough of.

'Dude. What the hell is going on with you?!' Connor snaps me out of my trance as I turn to look back at him.

'She's my mate.' I reply back in the link without hesitation, before turning back to watch. I step further out so that my head was out, my eyes lock on the car when her head snaps towards me as if sensing I was watching her. Our eyes connect, and even from this far I can see her eyes were a dark brown.

I physically couldn't wait to see her up close so the minute she was out of eyesight I spun around, chest heaving as I took off like a bullet to get into town before them.

The thing is, as I'm running back I stumble to a halt as I think back to her scent. Something was off about it, underneath all the sweetness, was something different. Not human.

__________________________
Face the sun so that the shadows are behind you.•
__________________________

~•~•~

Lily Collins as Enania

Her wolf^

Her wolf^