Chapter 1: Not Human

__________________________
A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows.•
__________________________

My eyes flutter open as I hear the intercom informing its passengers that we'd be landing in 15 minutes. With a yawn I stretch, my back giving off satisfying pops before I settle back down into my seat. I buckle myself up and gather my things to prepare to get off.

My ear buds stay in my ears as I drop my phone down my black tank, then tug it out, placing it into the pocket of my dark grey sweats. I wiggle my toes confirming that my black All Star Converse were still on. Now that I have everything ready, I lean back and look out the window of the tiny plane. Apparently this plane is a private one that only very rich vacationers and a select phew others, like myself, can board.

I've lived in Oregon before, and loved almost everything about it, but I moved because back then I was still looking for others like me. Remembering my failure, my neutral face turns into an angrier one. My button nose scrunches up, dark brown brows furrowing down, and pink lips fall into a frown.

I tap my thigh, the music softly accompanying me as my face slowly goes back to neutral. The soft whispers and movements all around from the other ten passengers fill my ears as I cock my head listening in. Apparently they were here as a business retreat and will be going up to a cabin once they land.

I lean closer to the window, my breath fanning out onto the window, making it slightly fog up. Through the slowly fading condensation, I still see the dark green blurs that are trees below the plane. The flight attendants begin their walk down the isle making sure everyone had their seatbelt on, and that their chairs were no longer reclined.

I nod once as the woman with a platinum blonde bob cut begins to check my little area. Satisfied she sends me a smile.

"Have a great trip!" Her chipper voice fills my ears. I force my lips up in a smile as she moves on. As I feel the plane finally descending I smile for real.

"Thank god, my butt was cramping." I murmur to myself, running my small pale hand through my waist length dark brown hair. As it lands everyone surges up and into the isle to get their carry ons. I grab the duffle that I tucked under my seat and stand, working my way into the isle. I begin to weave my way through, towards the door. There stand the flight attendants waiting for us to leave.

As I come closer they notice and smile. The same platinum blonde speaks up. "Hey there! Keep in mind this airport is private, and owned by a family that lives nearby. You should've already had ways of transportation prepared, for as you can see no taxi." The woman informed as I have to stop and listen. I nod once mumbling a thanks as I descend down the stairs.

The sun immediately hits my face, and once I reach the ground I take a  second to tilt my head back, wind gently blowing my hair around, and take in the sun on my pale face, shoulders, and arms.

Blinking my eyes open once more I look around the side of the runway. I see three cars, two were big silver SUV's that the other passengers were getting in. So I turn my head to the left where a baby blue, rustic old Bug sits. In front of it stands an older woman, who was grinning ear to ear as she sees me.

"Enania??" She calls out, excitedly. Her giddiness makes my lips quirk up into a smile. I make my way closer and now in front of her I drop into a deep bow.

"The one and only." I straighten back up and see her dark, almost black, brown eyes twinkle with amusement.

"You and I are gonna get along just fine." She muses out loud, before holding her slightly wrinkled hand out to me. I place my smaller pale one in hers, shaking it kindly. "I'm Mrs. Peterson but I prefer Mrs. Pots."