Chapter 34 Finding

Gold healed well, and took it easy a while, he insisted that he wanted to continue picking up Molly, it was the highlight of his day he said. "Grandpa!" the soft sweet three year old was always happy to see him at nursery pick up. Gold was not your typical grandfather, the entire family was not traditional as it were, but he was still fairly young, barely 55 years old, and Molly kept him even younger. 

Regina and Killian were in the process of adoption, once again Gold used his personal resources to move the process along, and they were simple waiting for a baby to become available. The group was in the bar, closing up, "So we have an announcement," Elliot's voice announces. Regina and Killian turn, and next to him is David, along with Ruby, Lacey, Graham and Sabine. "All of you?" Regina asks. 

"You're all quitting together?" Killian jokes. "No, we're all having kids," David said. Regina and Killian look at them curiously, "O.. K?" he asks. "I'm pregnant," Lacey announces, "So am I," Ruby adds, "Me too," Sabine says. Regina's eyes widen a bit, but she's happy. "Wait, what?" Killian asks.

"Well, we liked Killian's idea of having people we know, so that the babies could hear all their parents, I'm carrying David and Elliot's baby," Ruby said. "And David donated to Ruby and I," Lacey smiles. "And we're just.... good," Graham smiles. "Uhh.. I'm so happy for all of you!" Regina squeals and hugs each of them. "Well this means that Elliot and David can be around while Ruby carries their baby, and we can feel we know more about our baby since David donated, and we can all be a bigger family," Lacey explains. 

"Did you hear that love? They liked my idea," Killian boasts proudly. "You're stuck on that part? They're all having babies and you're stuck on it being your suggestion?" Regina asks. "What else is new?" Graham shrugs. "Exactly," Killian points at him, "Well I guess a toast is in order, for some of us, not the three mums to be," Killian pours drinks for five of them. 

"So?" Ruby asks, "What?" Regina asks. "How's the adoption?" she adds, "Oh, nothing yet, we're approved, and they like us,"  Regina shrugs. "Just have to wait until a baby is available," Killian said. "Well, here's to finding everything we all wanted," Ruby said. "She does better toasts than you," Regina says, Killian smirks at her, "yeah yeah, well," he kisses her cheek. 

The weather is crisp outside, and it feels like it could snow at any moment. Snow in Seattle is usually wet and heavy, "What is that noise?" Elliot asks, "What?" Killian asks him, not sure what he is hearing, "Sounds like a cry," Elliot says, and heads out, "Now you're just hearing things," Graham said. "Shh," Elliot heads out the door. 

"Oh.. hey," Elliot picks up the small creature, who's dirty, and heads into the bar, "Woah, where did he come from?" Graham asks. Elliot holds a small golden lab puppy, clearly abandoned, he's small and dirty. He whimpers and wags his tail happily in Elliot's arms. "Here, the little mate looks cold," Killian hands him a towel from behind the bar. 

Elliot, Graham, and Killian, as most guys, melt for dogs. "Aww, hi puppy," Lacey comes over, "Oh I love Dogs," Ruby said. "No kidding," Graham teases. The group pets and cutely get the puppy some water. 

"What are you all doing?" Regina comes out, and the group parts, and "Who is that? and where did he come from?" She asks. "He was outside, cold and alone," Elliot said. "Ok well we're not keeping him," Regina says. "Oh come on honey, one of us has to," Killian said. "You just like anything that wags their tail," she teases. "Actually it was the way you wiggled your leg when I tickled your tummy," he teases back. 

"We can't let Molly see him," Regina said. "Puppy!!" Molly's voice squeals behind her, entering with Gold. "Oh no," Regina sighs. "Puppy!" Molly squeals cutely, running to pet the animal. Killian smiles, "Here comes tough Mum?" He asks Regina. "That is NOT fair, umm Molly honey, no, we aren't keeping the puppy," Regina said. "Why?" The small child doesn't understand. "Well, because we are too busy for a puppy, Elliot and David are going to take him, right?" Regina glares at him. "Uhh sure, David loves Dogs, shut up Graham," he says in advance. 

"See? He's going to have a family, and you can see him," Regina assures her three year old. Molly sighs, "You may have a sibling at some point, a brother or sister," Killian says. Molly looks at him funny, "Think the kid would prefer a dog," Elliot jokes. Regina tilts her head, glaring at him. "You can come play with him whenever you want," Elliot said. "I name him," Molly says. 

"Uh oh, get ready for disney," Killian said. "Sure Molly, what do you want to name him?" Elliot asks. "Daddy!" Molly says cutely. Killian smiles, "No no, how about a character or something honey?" Killian suggests. "Olaf," Molly says. "This could take a while, she knows every character,"  Regina said. "Why not something like Prince?" Elliot suggests, "How about Merlin? That's magical right?" Graham asks. "Look at you," Elliot teases. 

"Yes!" Molly agrees, "Ok, Merlin it is," Elliot smiles. "Killian," Regina says, as the little puppy is in his arm wiggling and happily wagging his tail and licking Killian's face. "Sorry, we were bonding," Killian grins. "Daddy silly," Molly smiles. 

"Daddy Find me!" Molly hops around the bar, since things are slow, Molly cutely runs around the bar, down the hallway, and Killian follows her, pretending not to know where the little girl is. Her giggle makes her hard to miss, as she squeals around. "Ah! Got you!!" Killian grabs her up, and she rests on his shoulder. 

"Killian, they found someone," Regina sighs, and hangs up the phone, he looks at her, and smiles, knowing exactly what that means. The adoption agency has found a mother to be ready to give up a baby when she delivers in a few months. They'll be able to meet her, and see the baby's sonogram and move towards adoption finalization.