Chapter 29 Task

"Mmm look at you good little eater, hmm?" Killian asks in cheerful soft tone as the infant's mouth gently opens to release her now empty bottle. Killian smiles, lifting the little infant onto his towel covered shoulder, gently patting her back. "Ah, little sailor hmm?" he chuckles at her little belch over his shoulder. 

"Regina, you ready?" Killian asks, shifting Molly in his arm, as he stands up. "I think so, why do I feel so scattered in my head?" She asks, looking in her pockets and around the room, as if she's forgotten everything. "It's just getting back in the habit love, 3 months off work, you know you can take longer if you want, you're the owner," He said. "I know I know, I just think I should get back, I'm kind of losing my mind not working, does that make me a bad mom?" She asks immediately, as if she said the worst curse in the world.

"No Regina, of course not," Killian assures, and Regina smiles at her little girl, taking her into her arm. "Plus you're really not leaving her, you're just going to work, and she's coming with us, for the most part," He said. "Well she's leaving by 4," Regina said. "Yes yes, see? Our parents actually are coming through here in the end," He said. "Well they want to be grandparents," Regina said. 

"Ok, so you have her bottle warmer? And Diapers? And wipes, and that little cream in case diaper rash, changes of clothes, the portable crib.." Regina lists off practically the entire household. "Regina yes, we have everything, will all be set up in your office." He said. "Ready to give me the control back at work?" She teases. 

He tugs her to him, "Mmm, I like you in control," he winks. "Yeah I know, you like that bossy side of me huh?" She asks. "I like to think of it more as a woman who knows what she wants, and gets it," he said. "Yeah you, after five years," she reminds him. "Yeah well, that was both of us being stubborn, and in denial, and look where we are now?" he looks at the peaceful infant against Regina. 

"Aww! Welcome back!!" Ruby and the group squeal with delight as Regina enters, "You've just seen me," She smiles. "Well that was just visiting your place, this is you, back in your other element," Ruby smiles. Regina awes at their welcome, and of course in a matter of moments, Molly is already in their arms. 

Killian struggles through the door with his first batch of things. "Honestly how is it that babies just have so much stuff?" he sighs. "She needs all of it," Regina said. "Why do I feel like I'll be building a closet for her clothes when she gets older?" He furrows his brows and heads towards the office to drop things. 

The plan was for Cora, or Gold to come get Molly around 4 pm. Regina didn't want her in the bar when happy hour and other things began, and she wanted her as close to a regular schedule as possible. Regina hustled around the bar, with Molly in her arm most of the time, or attached to her chest. 

Around 3 pm, she stuck herself behind the bar with Killian, "You ok?" He asks, "I'm fine, I just keep spacing things, is this mommy brain thing really a thing?" Regina asks. "It said it was in that book," Lacey comes up to them, "Your bookworm brain is going to get on my nerves today," Regina snaps. "Hey, Regina, it's your first day back, Molly is here, it's a lot," Killian said. "I can handle it," She insists. 

Molly starts to let out a familiar cry of hunger. "Ok ok," Regina says softly. "Is she going to do that?" A man snaps at the bar. Killian looks at him, "Uhh apologies if the baby bothered you, but she's just a baby, and not here long," he said. "How about I just fill that up?" Killian offers. "Thought you had to be 21 to get in here?" the man scoffs at him. "She's our daughter, and if her moment of crying is that horrible to you, then leave," Killian said. 

"You should keep the place adults only! Get a sitter!" the man snaps aggressively again, and starts to get up, he trips however, quickly after getting up from the stool. Killian notices that Gold is standing there, his cane happened to be outstretched, "Oh apologies for that," Gold says, dishearnestly.

Killian's eyes bug open a bit, "Is there a problem?" Gold asks. "No, just the baby crying seems to disturb his afternoon binge," Killian mocks. "Ah, I see, well if my Granddaughter is a problem to you, we can discuss it," Gold glares at the man spinning his cane in his hand. "No no.." the man shifts himself and heads out. 

"That was impressive," Killian said. "Well, where is my granddaughter? Ah, never mind I hear her," He heads towards the office. "Wow, you definitely don't want to be on his bad side," Ruby said. "No kidding," Killian agrees. "And he's going to be your father in law," Elliot reminds. "Thank you Elliot, I hadn't realized," Killian sasses. Ruby lets out a chuckle, "Sorry bad time?" Elliot heads off with her. 

"Oh Hi," Regina looks up as Gold enters. "Is that man there still who was complaining about Molly?" Regina asks. "Oh no no, he left," Gold said. "Because of you or Killian?" Regina questions. "On his own," Gold says. "I thought my mother was coming today?" Regina asks. "To my understanding she is meeting me, she wants to grandparent together," He said. "Oh that's.... nice," Regina nods, "You don't seem too keen on it," she adds.

"Well, it's just things are still new in that regard," Gold said. Regina gently puts Molly in her stroller, "You two have been in each other's lives a long time, what's the issue?" Regina asks. "Well your mother is a lot like you," He said. "Oh," she tilts her head up, understanding. 

Gold makes a sweet face at little Molly, "Ok, umm she's fed and changed, umm she should nap obviously," Regina said. "Yes yes, don't worry, go work, and she is in good hands." He said. 

It's difficult for Regina, to work, Molly is on her mind nonstop, and she didn't expect to miss her so much. "Maybe I should check," Regina says, "It's only been an hour love," Killian said. "They'll send you what she's up, she's fine, you need to still be you, remember?" He asks. "I know, I just... didn't expect to miss her so much," Regina said. "Mm, I know, I miss her too, but she will be there to wake us as soon as we hit the pillow, let's deal with the task at hand," He gently holds her hand, and sneakily slides his hand around her ass, grabbing the bottle opener from her back pocket. "I did miss that," she grins.