Masi

Dinah

My first day was good. I don't usually talk to people that much. I mostly stick with who I know. My friends consisted of Camila, Masi, Zendaya, and Khalid, but he's a senior so we don't see him much. He's always talking about being a singer and prom king blah blah blah.

At lunch I was going to offer Normani to sit with us, but when I went to her fourth period, I realized we have different lunches. So, I just headed to lunch with Mila.

"So your new friend  the senior,she's hot." I roll my eyes playfully.

"Mila sweetie, your gay is showing." Mila gasps, then starts to laugh.

"No, I'm just giving a compliment where one is due. You mean to tell me you haven't noticed?" I shrug as we stopped at our lockers to exchange books.

"You ready to eat?" She asked me.

"Yeah, Mila let's go."

"Oh now you acknowledge me?" She says playfully. We go to our usual spot which surprisingly isn't occupied. I usually don't eat lunch, I just eat off everyone's lunch.

They go in line, while I watch the table. "Seat taken?" I look up to see Normani. All the composure and calmness I had vanished.

"N-normani. W-what are you doing, I th- thought you had another lunch." She sits in the seat next me.

"What makes you think that?" She starts smirking.

"Did you go by my classroom?"

"W-w-what? Pfft. N-no, I wouldn't even-"

"Dinah." She says sternly.

"Okay fine. O-only because it's your first d-day." I say.

"Mhm, but no. Apparently Mr. Moore is a 'the bell doesn't dismiss you I do.' type of teacher." She uses air quotes. I giggle.

"Yeah he's annoying." Before she could open her mouth Masi comes over.

"Sorry they didn't have any." I tilt my head at him. What is he talking about.

"Oh hey beautiful." He turns to look at Normani. She smiles shyly.

"Are you eating lunch with us?" He ask as he grabs her hand and kisses it. What is this the Renaissance Era? "Oh no this lunch is absolutely disgusting. I sent someone to get me something."

"Do you e-even know that person's name? They might not even bring nothing back."

I say and her mouth drops.

"This guy says he does drop off orders." Masi and I look at each other and laugh.

"Normani, that means something completely different and I would advise you not to do that again." Masi says. Normani pouts, but nods. They continue a conversation as I space out.

It hits me like a train, when I realized why  Masi said that. He was using me as a prop in his little scheme to get in with Normani.

I didn't mind though, he told me if he could talk to Normani and I was like go for it. I don't think she'll fall for him. She's more into...

I look over at her as she laughs at something he says. Hell, I don't know what she's into.