Chapter 40

Soren

     He was breathless as he watched his love make her way down the pathway. 

     Her inky locks seemed to float around her in a breeze meant only for her. A black silk robe hung on her curves, opened down the middle to expose beautiful body paint. Her lower, private area was covered by silk panties. The inner curves of her breasts was also on display. Every inch was colored with temporary black tattoos that represented Might Empire. She was absolutely stunning. 

     He had never loved someone as he did Annika. It did not matter that he was trained his entire life to believe that love was weakness. She changed everything he thought to be true in the best way possible. 

     The moment she entered his life, it was as though she reached through his chest and shocked his heart with lightening. Annika took him from his darkest place and brought him to paradise. She was his heaven. 

     They were surround by thousands of people and miles of forest. Bright shades shimmered all around, yet he could only see her. Her storm-blue eyes and blood red lips were what caught his attention. The thick slash of her dark eyebrows interested him just as much. 

     They refused to look away from each other as she became nearer. He did not want to miss one detail. 

     "Do you suppose I could persuade you into letting me take your place?" Ullian, his military general, asked, yet was obviously kidding. 

     "Just try it," Soren responded without moving. He could not focus on anything else if he tried. It would be weak attempt anyway. 

     She finally came to a stop right beside him. He reached out and took her hand into his. It only outlined her slight size compared to his. He loved that she could be so decievingly small yet truly so powerful. 

     Her touch had a soothing coolness, yet pumped hot passion straight into his body. He was more alive than ever before. Soren would most likely die if Annika were ever taken away again. 

     "This ceremony has been practiced countless times in history," Tynan began in front of them, initiating the beginning of their 'wedding'. He was dressed in the simple blue clothes of the person to preformed the spoken bonding part. "And it is to be done now with King Soren and his soon-to-be queen, Annika. With this ceremony, you both accept the responsibility of being husband and wife, soulmates, partners, King and Queen. With this commitment comes the knowledge that you are no longer independent people but one single soul. You will support each other, live together, and die together. Through all trials of life, you will only strengthen your bond with love. There must be fairness and understanding. There will be tears and sadness and moments of joy. Laughter. And though this will not be easy, you agree that you will always have each other. You belong to one another. Do you agree to this?" 

     "Yes," they responded in unison. There was absolutely no hesitance. How could there be?

    "Respected Annika, do you willingly agree to hold the sole responsibilities that are assigned to the queen of Might Empire? You will have equal rule over the throne and shall be protector of the people. You will constantly care for the people while collaborating with King Soren. Will you live by the terms that come with becoming royalty and queen, which include loyalty to the crown, love and fairness towards your people, and the preservation of Might Empire?" 

     "Yes." Her answer was firm, without room for question. He knew that she wanted this as bad as he did. His resolve for their union was impenetrable. 

     "Kneel," Tynan instructed. They did so. The soft grass cushioned his knees. "You will now be physically bonded which will then lead to spiritually bonding. Some are stronger than others. You will not know the effects until some time has passed. Understand?"