십칠 : then there was one

Start from the beginning

Pushing the boy away, he tried to hold him down. He was sitting on his abdomen, pinning both the boy's hands on the floor. Tae laughed at the chief deputy, he was taunting him, mocking him to let go of his anger.

"Weird, isn't it? One of your criminals, falling for your beloved sister? Come on, HIT ME! I know you want to—" the deputy's fist stopped him from talking. The blood on his lips dripped on his cheeks but he was still able to smile.

"Did that feel good—?" Taehyung once again got what he asked for.

"IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOT, KIM YUGYEOM—?!" and another punch bruised his left eye.

"Hit me harder, CHIEF DEPUTY!" his fists gave tireless punches on the poor boy's face. That once flawless face is now covered in crimson. Yugyeom poured out all his anger to Taehyung and himself. He's a worthless brother, he shouldn't have convicted his sister, he should've broken the law.

Tae could barely catch his breath. He's lost all his will to fight back, he just wants to follow her and die now. If only she knew he was alive, if only she knew.

"KILL ME!!" he spat. Yugyeom paused in midair.

"No..." he lowered his face to hide the tears welling up on his eyes.

"I HATE YOU! KILL ME!" Taehyung screamed in agony.

"No, I won't! I've seen one dead person today and that's enough! You think you're the only one who lost someone he loves—?"

"You f.ucking brought her to that place!"

"I thought it was the right thing to—"

"Oh yes, you f.ucking thought it was right. Well, damn you! You could've save her, goddamnit Yugyeom!"

"I know I could've save her, alright?!! I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I—"

Regrets. If he could make a list of it, he would be sorry to death for Nari. She was never the main character of this story but it's odd how her death would trigger the death of two.

It's like a domino effect, you see? Once a domino falls, the rest will follow.

Grabbing the gun from his waistband holster, he handed it over to Taehyung. His hand was shivering from his misery, no wonder he's willing to end it now. The younger Kim glared at the gun he was reaching out and grabbed and pointed it at him.

"It has two bullets.." the young chief deputy spoke faintly, "one for each of us"

"If you want to kill me just do it quick before I change my mind" the deputy's voice was almost fading. Tears have blurred his vision and he thought it was a good thing, he doesn't have to see the gun before him.

"You're so pathetic. Look at you acting so fu.cking heroic after Nari's death, you think she's gonna forgive you? She won't" Taehyung cocked the gun and stepped closer to the man, aiming at his chest.

"Just pull the trigger, Taehyung. End this now" then he did.

The sound the gun made caused a panic to the people outside the room. Yugyeom fell on the ground with blood coming out of the part where his heart is. He let out short gasps before his heartbeat went flat and the last teardrop fell from his eye.

"Chief!" the officers kicked the door down, surprised by the fresh corpse on the ground.

And before anyone could restrain him, Taehyung cocked the gun once again and shot his head.

[Halloween 2014]

NAMJOON
jungkook went to bed early

YOONGI
then wake him up, dumbo!

TAEHYUNG
hyung?

YOONGI
oh sh.it!

NAMJOON
what the hell are
you doing here, Tae?

TAEHYUNG
what are you
doing to him?

YOONGI
nothing

TAEHYUNG
are you both—

NAMJOON
go away, tae
please don't tell anyone

TAEHYUNG
are you going to—

NAMJOON
no, we're just—

YOONGI
we're just helping him

TAEHYUNG
oh come on,
i know what's going on
i'm not dumb

YOONGI
please don't tell anyone

TAEHYUNG
i won't
if you'll let me watch

. . .

O

N

J

K

S