Epilogue

Ladies and gentlemen, lads and lassies, guys and gals. It's midnight on the 8th March (technically the 9th) 2018 and I can finally present to you all the (hopefully not anticlimactic) moment you've all (some of you) been waiting for... the epilogue! Read to the very end to witness mushy gross me getting all emotional and shit :') <3

————————————

The second I wake up a smile spreads across my face. I look across the room to see my roommate Jeremy fast asleep and decide to hell with being a nice friend. I immediately jump out of my bed and dive on him, causing him to wake up with a jolt. "The fuck Gavin?!" He exclaims annoyed but I just grin. "Lil J it's Friday! Today's the day Jeremy!" I shout and he rolls his eyes and smiles at me. "You did it Gav! I'm proud of ya dude!" He says, sitting up and pulling me into a brief hug. It's been exactly six months since I first arrived here, and today is my release day. I'm going to miss Jeremy and Barbara, who is a full-on nurse here now, and Matt and Trevor, but I miss Ray and Ryan and Jack and Geoff and even though they've visited almost every day since they were released it will be so much nicer having more than a couple hours with them. Most of all I miss Michael. They guys all live together in a house not far from here and that's where I'm moving the second I get released, with Dan in an apartment down the road. Barbara walks into the room just as Jeremy and I pull on our clothes and smiles at me. "Gav today's the day! You're finally going to be Gavin Free!" She says making a pun of my last name and I roll my eyes. "Thanks Barb!"

"You're gonna visit, right?" She asks and I nod. "Obviously! Can't leave lil J alone with Matt and Treyco can I?" I chuckle as we all walk to breakfast. Jack and Ray left a month after I got here, Geoff and Ryan left pretty much at the same time 1 month after them. Geoff leaving was the one that hit me hardest until Michael left 2 months after them. I immediately loved my new roommate though and Matt and Trevor were Geoff and Ryan's roommates after the other two left so I knew them anyway. After breakfast when everyone either goes to therapy or to hang out in the rec room I go back to my room and start packing up. We all have to wear the hospital joggers or shorts which are just plain grey and really fucking soft but we can wear whichever top or hoodie we want. I shove all my clothes into a duffel bag before saying goodbye to Matt, Trevor, Jeremy and Barbara and walking to the front desk where the lads were waiting for me. The second they see me they all grin and Michael grabs me in a hug. "I'm so proud of you boi." He says and I wrap my arms around his waist. Geoff walks over and grabs my bag whist Burnie walks out from behind the front desk. "I'm gonna miss you kid, but I'm proud of you." Burnie pats me on the shoulder and I smile before walking out with the rest of the guys, finally leaving a place I've been in for half a year and feeling a shit ton better than I did when I came here.

It feels weird to be out in the real world and I feel weird and nervous. Even though I'm no longer suicidal and I don't self harm anymore, I still have dark scars covering my body and I get depressing thoughts sometimes. When we get back to the house Michael helps me take my stuff up to our room, as we're sharing, and I sit on the edge of the bed. "You okay, Gav?" Michael asks, sitting next to me, and I nod, looking at him. "I did it Micool. I won." I say and he grins, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "You did, my boi. And I am so proud of you." He says and I grin, leaning in to kiss him softly. Michael pulls me into a hug after a few minutes and I sigh with relief. I actually tried to kill myself, and I survived.

///

"So, todays the day huh?" Geoff asks from where he's sat at the breakfast bar, cup of coffee in his hands and a smile on his face. It's been 4 years since Gavin got out of the mental hospital. We all still live together, only in a bigger house than our first one. We all have a YouTube channel together, which Gavin convinced us to create, and it's doing pretty well.

I look over at Geoff and bite my lip. "I'm nervous man." I say and he grins. "Michael, if I had a single doubt in my mind that he would say no I would tell you." He says and I nod. "Now go. You'll be fine. Good luck." He says and I roll my eyes. As I walk to mine and Gavin's shared room I feel a bubble of nerves in the pit of my stomach. I've thought about this moment ever since Gavin said he'd be my boyfriend and I've imagined the many ways I could ask this question and the millions of gestures I could give. In the end I decided that since Gavin is cheesy as fuck and romantic as hell I'd ask him in a similar way to how I asked him to be my boyfriend. I enter our room and see Gavin standing with his back to me wearing only a pair of shorts and it's almost comical how similar the situation is. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his waist. "Hey boi?" I lean up slightly to whisper in his ear. He's grown a lot in the past few years and he now easily has a couple inches on me. "Yeah Micool?" He asks and I will never ever get tired of hearing him say my name. "I have a question to ask you." I say as I turn him round in my arms so he's facing me. "What's that then?" He asks, still completely oblivious but I can see in his eyes that he knows this is a familiar situation. I kiss his lips softly as I simultaneously move my right hand to grab his left and my left hand to my pocket and pull out the ring. It's a simple black metal band but it has a diamond in it and engraved on the inside of the band is 'my boi'. I pull away from the kiss before falling onto one knee and smiling nervously up at Gavin as I see realisation cross his beautiful face. I hold the ring up so he can see it and smile. "Gav will you marry me?" I ask and he looks at me with his beautiful green eyes wide and shining with love. It takes him a while to be able to move and after a few seconds he nods. "Yes Micool." He grins and I pull him into a hug before kissing him passionately. Gavin pulls back and grins at me before looking down at the ring that is still in my hand. "It's beautiful boi." He says before noticing the engraving. "You're a dork. But you're amazing." He grins and I chuckle as I slide the ring on his finger. "You're my boi forever now Gav." I grin and he wraps his arms around my neck and grins back at me. "And you're mine."

———————————

Okay so this story is officially done! Epilogue and all!!! Also I was gonna end it but I was rereading the fic and I got to the bit where Michael asked Gav to be his boyfriend and I had the proposal idea and I just couldn't leave it out :) I know this isn't a very long epilogue but I didn't wanna drag it out for chapters and I feel like this is a good summary. I hope you all like it and if you have any fic ideas just drop me a message! Anyway, thank you all so so so much for all the support I've had over this fic, I never in a million years would have imagined anyone even reading this but to have people read it and love it so much they wanted more just warms my cold dead heart and makes me feel so mushy and happy inside! I love you all more than you could ever know and I appreciate you all so much! I feel like I've just written an Oscar speech but I really do mean it! You're all amazing <3