36

The vast Rebel Fleet stretches as far as the eye can see. Overhead a dozen small Corellian battleships fly in formation. Fighters and battlecruisers surround the largest of the Rebel Star Cruisers, the HEADQUARTERS FRIGATE. 53 INT HEADQUARTERS FRIGATE - MAIN BRIEFING ROOM Hundreds of Rebel commanders of all races and forms are assembled in the WAR ROOM. WEDGE is among them. In the center of the room is a holographic model depicting the half-completed Imperial Death Star, the nearby Moon of Endor, and the protecting deflector shield. MON MOTHMA, the leader of the Alliance, enters the room. She is a stern but beautiful woman in her fifties. Conferring with her are several military leaders, including GENERAL MADINE and ADMIRAL ACKBAR (a salmon-colored Mon Calamari). Lando moves through the crowd until he finds Han and Chewie, standing next to Leia and the two droids. Han peers at Lando's new insignia on his chest, and is amused.

" Well, look at you, a general, huh?" Han asked amused

" Oh, well, someone must have told them about my little maneuver at the battle of Taanab." Lando said

" Well, don't look at me, pal. I just said you were a fair pilot. I didn't know they were lookin' for somebody to lead this crazy attack." Han said sarcastically.

"I'm surprised they didn't ask you to do it. Lando smiled at Han

" Well, who says they didn't. But I ain't crazy. You're the respectable one, remember?" Han said

Mon Mothma signals for attention, and the room falls silent.

"The Emperor has made a critical error and the time for our attack has come." Mon mothma said. This causes a stir. Mon Mothma turns to a holographic model of the Death Star, the Endor moon and the protecting deflector shield in the center of the room. "The data brought to us by the Bothan spies pinpoints the exact location of the Emperor's new battle station. We also know that the weapon systems of this Death Star are not yet operational. With the Imperial Fleet spread throughout the galaxy in a vain effort to engage us, it is relatively unprotected. But most important of all, we've learned that the Emperor himself is personally overseeing the final stages of the construction of this Death Star." Mon Motha said. A volley of spirited chatter erupts from the crowd. Han turns to Leia as Chewie barks his amazement. "Many Bothans died to bring us this information. Admiral Ackbar, please." Admiral Ackbar steps forward and points to the Death Star's force field and the Moon of Endor.

"You can see here the Death Star orbiting the forest Moon of Endor. Although the weapon systems on this Death Star are not yet operational, the Death Star does have a strong defense mechanism. It is protected by an energy shield, which is generated from the nearby forest Moon of Endor. The shield must be deactivated if any attack is to be attempted. Once the shield is down, our cruisers will create a perimeter, while the fighters fly into the superstructure and attempt to knock out the main reactor." Ackbar said There's a concerned murmur. "General Calrissian has volunteered to lead the fighter attack"

Han turns to Lando with a look of respect.

"Good luck" Han said to Lando. Lando nods his thanks. " You're gonna need it." Han smiled at his friend.

" General Madine." Ackbat said

Madine moves center stage.

"We have stolen a small Imperial shuttle. Disguised as a cargo ship, and using a secret Imperial code, a strike team will land on the moon and deactivate the shield generator." General madine said.

The assembly begins to mumble among themselves.

" Sounds dangerous." 3PO said

"*to Han* I wonder who they found to pull that off." Abigail said

" General Solo, is your strike team assembled?" GENERAL MADINE asked Han.

Abigail, startled, looks up at Han, surprise changing to admiration.

"Uh, my team's ready. I don't have a command crew for the shuttle." Han replied Chewbacca raises his hairy paw and volunteers. Han looks up at him. "Well, it's gonna be rough, pal. I didn't want to speak for you." Han said. Chewie waves that off with a huge GROWL. "*smiles* That's one." Han looked at the Wookiee.

"Uh, General... count me in." Lea and Ariana said together

"me too" Abigail smiled holding Hans hand

"me too" Ariana and Rosie smiled at them.

"We are with you, too!" a voice from the doorway said

They turn in that direction and peer into the crowd as there are more cheers. The commanders part, and there at the back stands Jillian Luke. Han and Leia are surprised and delighted. Rosie went to her son and hugged him. Leia came up and hugged Luke. Leia looked concerned.

"what Ian it?" She ask for him.

"Asked me later" Luke smiled at his sister.