34

Rosie was with Arianna her daughter, Han, Abigail, Leia, Chewie, and 3PO on the falcon heading back to the rebel base. Jillian had to leave with R2 and Luke going to see Yoda.

The desolate yellow planet fills the screen, Luke's X-wing appears and peels off to the left. A moment later, the FALCON appears as a dot and grows huge, to roar directly over the CAMERA. Luke is at the controls, with Artoo attached behind him outside the canopy and Jillian seated next to him. Luke speaks into his comlink to the others, in the MILLENNIUM FALCON.

"Jillian and I will meet you back at the fleet." Luke said through intercom

"*over comlink* Hurry. The Alliance should be assembled by now." Rosie said to her Son

"We will." Luke siad

"*over comlink* Hey, Luke, thanks. Thanks for comin' after me. Now I owe you one." Han said

A message from Artoo appears on the small monitor screen in front of Jillian and Luke. Jillian smiles at the monitor and speaks to Artoo, as Luke pulls a black glove on to cover his wounded mechanical hand.

"That's right, Artoo. We're going to the Dagobah system. We have a promise to keep... to an old friend." Jillian siad smiling abit

A Super Star Destroyer and several ships of the Imperial Fleet rest in space above the half-completed Death Star and its green neighbor, Endor. Four squads of TIE fighters escort an Imperial shuttle toward the Death Star.Lord Vader strides down the hallway, accompanied by a very nervous Death Star commander. Thousands of Imperial troops in tight formation fill the mammoth docking bay. Vader and the officer walk to the landing platform, where the shuttle is coming to rest. The shuttle's ramp lowers and the Emperor's Royal Guards come out and create a lethal perimeter. The assembled troops move to rigid attention with a momentous SNAP. Then, in the huge SILENCE which follows, the EMPEROR appears. He is a rather small, shriveled old man. His bent frame slowly makes its way down the ramp with the aid of a gnarled cane. He wears a hooded cloak similar to the one Ben wears, except that it is black. The Emperor's face is shrouded and difficult to see, except for his piercing yellow eyes. Commander Jerjerrod and Darth Vader kneel to him. The Supreme Ruler of the galaxy beckons to the Dark Lord.

"*to Vader* Rise, my friend." The Emperor said

Vader rises and falls in next to the Emperor as he slowly makes his way along the rows of troops. Jerjerrod and the other commanders stay kneeling until the Supreme Ruler and Vader, followed by several Imperial dignitaries, pass by; only then do they join in the procession.

"The Death Star will be completed on schedule." Vader said

"You have done well, Lord Vader. And now I sense you wish to continue your search for young Skywalker. the emperor said

"Yes, my Master." Vader said

" Patience, my friend. In time they will seek you out. And when they do, you must bring the,m before me. They have grown strong. Only together can we turn them to the dark side of the Force.

"As you wish." Vader said to him

"Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen." Emperor said

He laughs to himself as they pass along the vast line of Imperial troops."

Once again, Artoo finds himself waiting around in the damp environs of the swamp planet, and he's none too happy about it. He beeps disconsolately to himself and turns to look at Yoda's cottage. Warm yellow light escapes the oddly shaped windows to fight the gloom.

The tip of a walking stick taps hesitantly across the earthen floor of the cottage. Our view travels up the stick to the small green hand that clutches it, and then to the familiar face of YODA, THE JEDI MASTER. His manner is frail, and his voice, though cheerful, seems weaker.

"Hmm. That face you make. Look I so old to young eyes?" Yoda asked.

Luke is sitting in a corner of the cramped space and, indeed, his look has been woeful. Caught, he tries to hide it.

"No... of course not." Luke siad

"*tickled, chuckles* I do, yes, I do! Sick have I become. Old and weak. (Points a crooked finger) When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not. Hmm? Yoda chuckles at this, coughs, and hobbles over toward his bed.

"Soon will I rest. Yes, forever sleep. Earned it, I have." Yoda sits himself on his bed, with great effort.

"Master Yoda, you can't die." Jillian said

"Strong am I with the Force... but not that strong! Twilight is upon me and soon night must fall. That is the way of things... the way of the Force." Yoda said weakly

"But we need your help. we've come back to complete the training." Luke siad

"No more training do you require. Already know you that which you need." Yoda said

Yoda sighs, and lies back on his bed.

"Then we are Jedis?" Jillian asked Yoda hopefully

"(shakes his head) Ohhh. Not yet. One thing remains: Vader. You two must confront Vader. Then, only then, Jedis will you two be. And confront him you will." Yoday] said

Luke is in agony. He is silent for a long moment, screwing up his courage. Finally he is able to ask.

"Master Yoda... is Darth Vader my father?" Luke asked Yoda

Yoda's eyes are full of weariness and compassion. An odd, sad smile creases his face. He turns painfully on his side, away from Jillian and Luke.

"Mmm... rest I need. Yes... rest." Yoda said

Jillian and Luke watched him, each moment an eternity.

"Yoda, I must know." Luke said

"Your father he is" Yoda siad

Luke reacts as if cut.

"Told you, did he?" Ypda asked

"Yes and so did Rosie...My mother." Luke said

A new look of concern crosses Yoda's face. He closes his eyes.

"Unexpected this is, and unfortunate..." Yoda said

"Unfortunate that I know the truth?" Luke asked

Yoda opens his eyes again and studies the youth.

"*gathering all his strength* No. Unfortunate that you two were rushed to face him... that incomplete was your guys' training. Not ready for the burden were you." Yoda said

Well, we're sorry." Jillian said with tears in her eyes

"Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. He beckons the young Jedis closer to him. "Luke...Jillian...Do not...Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor, or suffer your father's fate, you will.Jillian, Luke, when gone am I *cough*, the last of the Jedi will you guys be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Luke... *with great effort* There is...another...Sky...Sky...walker." Yoda said and died

He catches his breath. A shiver runs through the ancient green creature, and he dies. Jillian and Luke stared at their dead master as he disappears in front of their eyes.