New York

Kara

After dismantling the seat with my bare hands whilst landing and Trent having to prising my fingers of the leather and helping me off the aircraft towards a waiting limo, I slowly found my land legs and had the desire to kiss the ground like I had seen somebody do when watching a TV through the steel mesh of a shop window.

Trent was getting on my nerves, not in the way that it sounds he was being the perfect gentleman, it was because of that my nerves were on edge, he had changed so much in a short space of time from the annoying jerk in McDonald's to the caring considerate man he portrayed now.

Hell I was beginning to think he liked me!

The trip from the airport to his penthouse was fantastic, having never ridden in such a posh car before, plus never having been to New York before, I couldn't take my eyes from the tinted back seat window.

I just stared out at the sea of people hurrying about their business and the array of impressive tall building each with their own individual character.

I don't think my mouth closed once during the ride as each turn produced new amazing wonders for me to gush over and all this time Trent gave a running commentary on what build was what, who owned it and the business conducted in there.

Unfortunately the more he talked the closer he got to me, till he was practically whispering in my ear and sending shivers down my spine, so much so I couldn't concentrate on what I was looking at or for that matter what Trent was saying.

All I felt was his breath on the side of my face and the warmth of his words caressing my ear.

Get a grip girl, he's a one hit wonder and you won't be around for a repeat performance.

Moving as gracefully as I could I slipped away from him on the pretense of studying the drinks in the bar.

"Where are my manners" he sighed leaning forward, so he was in my space again, reaching forward he snagged a can of soda and tilted it towards me.

"Um thanks" was all I could come up with, as there were to many shocks and surprises coming my way thick and fast.

The limo pulled up at the side of the road in front of a huge building that seemed to be made entirely of glass.

My eyes trailed up the side of the building trying to find the roof but even with my face plastered against the window I couldn't find it.

I heard a chuckle behind me and quickly drew back from the window, leaving a moist patch on the glass from my breath and felt my face heating up.

"Come on Alice" Trent chuckled, "let's get you inside and into wonderland."

Okay so I was over awed, but hell I had never been in a city before having always skirted around the outer suburbs, much safer that way.

Suddenly the door sprang open and the driver held out his hand to help me from my seat.

"Miss" he enquired, his hand steady in front of my face.

This was so overwhelming, A private jet, limo ride, chauffeur, glass skyscrapers, Trent.

I need some time and space so my mind could process all of this, I mean one day I'm fighting of men's undesired advances, begging for food, huddled, shivering in trees as the rain soaked me through to the skin, dreaming of what I was experiencing now, it was mind blowing and I needed a respite.

Before I knew it the chauffeur had pulled me up and Trent had a hold of my hand and I was being dragged towards the large glass doors that automatically opened as we neared them.