Betrayal

Kara

As the weeks progressed, I found that I liked working, I was coming out of my shell, where as before I had been wary of interacting with people, making eye contact and joking around, I found a lot of the females would talk and laugh with me, they even invited me out for girly nights, but I wasn't brave enough to tackle them yet.

I even spoke to men, even though it would be brief and only when other females were around.

In fact more often than not Trent would join me for lunch, even paying a lot of the time, even though I did protest, but he would have none of it, saying he was the boss and I couldn't argue with the boss, that didn't stop me from arguing with him anyway.

Then one day as we walked back to the office, after another expensive lunch out and me losing the argument again as I always did.

I turned to Trent and grasped his arm, causing him to stop.

"Thank you Trent, for giving me this job and bringing me here with you, well I've never really thanked you for everything you have done for me"

I blushed and lowered my head, Trent was one of the few men I found I could talk to easily for some strange reason.

He put a finger under my chin and lifted my head till our eyes connected.

"Kara, you are most welcome and I'm glad I met you, I like you a lot and I don't want to let you go"

I shuddered at his words, because I was caught between wanting to leave and find my parents and equally wanting to stay with the Hortons, not just Trent, I mean.

I blushed even more and pulled my bottom lip between my teeth before running my tongue over it to take away the dryness I suddenly experienced.

"Oh hell" uttered Trent, before grabbing my arms and pulling into his solid chest, causing me to gasp out loud.

That was all the encouragement he needed, before his mouth decended on mine and he completely devoured me in a mind blowing kiss.

I had never felt like this after a kiss, sure I had kissed Trent before or rather he had kissed me and I had been forced to kiss guys before in exchange for food or drink, hell I had even satisfied boys, men and even old men, I knew how to satisfy their lust without the need of full on sex, hence the reason I was still a virgin.

I'd had a few narrow escapes but had survived unscathed in that department, though I was damn good at satisfying their wanton lust in other ways and had mastered the art of giving them a quick release.

But boy oh boy what I felt now was beyond anything I had felt before, even in happy times where food and drink had been plentiful without the need to resort to bribery or out right stealing.

Where I had eaten simple, but pleasurable food prepared by my stand in Mexican mum.

I was in heaven, how could a simple kiss cause so much disruption with my inner organs, I felt like I was on cloud nine and spent the rest of the day in a dream like state with a stupid smile plastered on my face.

The following day though, my whole world came crashing down, as I skipped along to Trents office intent on taking him out for lunch and may be get another one of those great kisses.

But as I approached his office, I noticed his door stood slightly ajar and as I raised my hand to knock, I stilled as I heard my name mentioned and I'm glad I did, because what I heard crucified me.

"Don't worry, Kara is going nowhere, yes she has a personal protection officer following her everywhere and yes we can track her phone through GPS, I will keep her here as long as it takes okay?"

"Good, just don't let me down, I don't want her to get suspicious untill everything is in place, then I'll tell her whats going to happen"

I stood mortified, frozen to the spot as my brain processed what it had heard and tried to make sense of it all.

What did he mean I wasn't going anywhere, were they going to keep me here in America, stop me from finding my family, they had offered on numours occasions to pay for my flight, was that because they knew I wouldn't take it, lure me into a false sense of security, then what?

Just at that moment I was bought back to the present as I heard Trent's chair scrape back, that meant he was getting up and if he came to my door he would find me and know I had been listening, then he would stop me from leaving.

I couldn't allow that so I turned and ran, pulling my coat tightly around me while holding my bag as if my life depended on it , I slipped down the hallway, making a dash and jumping in the elevator just as the doors closed.

There were two other workers in the elevator with me so I kept my face neutral and blinked back the tears that were about to fall.

The conversation playing back over and over in my head.

She's going nowhere.

A personal protection office following her.

Track her phone.

I will keep her here as long as it takes.

The bastards why would they do this to me, I knew I had to get away now, grab my savings pray that I have enough and go.

First things first.

I reached into my bag and withdrew my phone and quickly powered it off.

Try tracking me now Trent. I inwardly growled to myself.

The elevator dinged and my other two companions disembarked, leaving me alone.

I reached for the control panel and my finger hovered over the first floor button, before I changed my mind and pressed for the underground parking lot, I didn't need anyone following me.

To hell with Trent, just when I thought we were getting along and after that kiss wow!

But all along he's trying to posess and control me, why?  had that been his plan all along, bring me here under false pretences that I would be nearer my home, work for him to save money, but all the while he was controlling me, again why?

I couldn't stay here, not knowing what I know now, I had to get away, I had to start running again.

Goodbye William, Bridgette and Maddie,  good riddance Trent.

And with that I crept out the underground garage and ventured into downtown New York.