Chapter 8

*Chris' POV*

I don't know what to do or say.

"Hey, are you ok?" Niall asks.

"Yeah" I say.

"You sure? What did Like tell you?" He asks.

"Nothing, I don't want to talk about it right now" I say. He nodded.

I didn't want to say anything. I know Niall wouldn't care because well, I love him. And I don't know, I don't think he knows.

There was another knock on the door.

"Derek?" I choke out.

What is he doing here? I haven't seen him since I left. Everything is just coming back to me.

"Hi" he says.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well you're all over the news and I just had to come when they mentioned that you were pregnant. And I called your mum and she said that you have already had the baby" he said.

"Babies" Niall corrects him.

"Twins?" He asks. I nod.

"Can I meet them?" He asks.

Niall goes to their beds and take them out.

"Alexa" he says while giving then to Derek.

"And James" he says.

"They're so cute" he says.

Niall stands by me. He holds my hand.

"Alexa looks like you" Derek says to Niall. I laugh. Niall smiles. (That rhymes)

"So you came here to see me?" I ask.

"Of course. I haven't seen you and I haven't spoken to you" he says.

"But-"

"I know, I did wrong. And I'm sorry. I just wanted to come and I just had to come" he says. I stay quiet.

What's with the world?

***

"So you can't leave the hospital until we are done testing Alexa, and confirm if she needs something for the leukaemia" the doctor said.

"Ok" I say.

I never expected any of this to happen. Like, I didn't expect my baby having cancer. I can't deal with that. But I have faith in her that she's gonna beat cancer. She's strong.

"Are you hungry?" Niall asks.

"No I'm ok" I say.

"Everything's gonna be ok Chris. Don't worry, it's gonna be ok" he says. I stay quiet.

"Please don't ignore me, I need you as much as you need me, right now. I'm having trouble too. Don't shut me out" he says.

"I'm sorry it's just, I can't get it through my head. I won't accept it. And I just need to think for a little. I'm sorry that I'm ignoring you." I say.

"It's alright princess" he says.

"I love you" I say as he holds my hands to keep them warm.

"I love you too" he says.

He wiped his thumb over a tear that rolled down my cheek. He kissed my forehead.

"Rest" he says.

"Lay with me?" I ask. He smiles.

I scoot over and make space for him. He layed down and wrapped his arms around me. My mum watching our every move.

I closed my eyes as I felt his breath on my skin.