Chapter 14

3rd Person POV

It's been a peaceful night after all. The morning they woke up, Merida forgot all the worries she had before. The cloak held both warm and under Toothless's wings was a good place to stay, too. Merida woke up with a yawn, stretching her arms as much as it was possible in this tiny space, and looked into Hiccup's sleeping face. We was just pretending to sleep, but she doesn't know. She smiled and blushed as he hugged her close to his chest and started to laugh quietly. “Good morning, handsome.”,Merida greeted, before kissing his cheek. He started to chuckle. “So it's the time for nicknames and compliments, beautiful?” As they leaned for a kiss, Toothless interrupted them by spreading his wings and waking up. Hiccups rolled his eyes but stayed smiling and Merida gave him a kiss on the cheek again before she stood up. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She listened to the beauty of nature. The waterfall nearby was loud enough to hear, but not loud enough to drown the other sounds, like the birds or the wind or the footsteps. Wait.. footsteps? She opened her eyes and turned to Hiccup. He stud near Toothless and petted him. A shiver run up her whole body and she felt fear spreading in her. The footsteps were louder and even Hiccup started to frown. She saw him turning to her and suddenly ran towards him like his look deleted her fear and all tries to run before pushed up into one wave of action. He caught her after she tripped over a branch and was about to fall and both were confused. Where would this footsteps come from. Merida grabbed his arms and he lay his hands near her shoulders. The sound of the footsteps came from the forest. Should they stay or leave? But it was too late. Four of the men from the black market came after them. Did they just found them or did they spectated them by night? Well, they just found them, because these men aren't the smartest. “Is this the girl?”, one of them asked. The other three growled. “Can't you see the dragon, Hibbert?”, one asked. Hibbert shook his head in shame. “Sorry. Merlin.” Merida giggled hearing their names. Hibbert was a small but plump man with not that much black hair anymore. Merlin was taller than everyone else, but incredible thin and he had a light humpback and short red hair, covered by a hat. Maybe the humpback is from hitting Hibbert, like he just did after he apologized. The other two had short blond hair and one of them had a light mustache. He fondled it all the time, even though it wasn't really visible, but he was still proud of it. Hiccup rose an eyebrow and Merida loosened her grip on Hiccups arms, turning to his side but keeping an eye on this shady characters. The other blond man, without the mustache, pulled Merlin back from Hibbert to stop him at hitting Hibbert, again and again. “Let me go, Boris!”, Merlin screeched while kicking into the air. Boris, the blond without mustache, was smaller than Merlin, but had an average body structure at all. He didn't seem strong, but strong enough to pull Merlin away. The last one just laughed about their actions, stroking his 'beard' and shaking his head. The other three just gave him an angry glare, he ignored it after all. Hiccup coughed, not to get their attention but because Toothless hit his back by accident. The troop of black market dealers stopped fighting each other and turned to Merida and Hiccup instead. Merida sighed loudly and Hiccup apologized after catching his breath. “What do ye want?”, Merida asked annoyed. “The dragon and the princess!”, Merlin yelled like a drunken maniac. Was he drunk? No, we was pretty sober, but he thought it would sound more dangerous. This plan backfired as both of them, Merida and Hiccup, started to laugh. The laugh turned over to Hibbert who was instantly hit by Merlin's fist. The mustache-man chuckled for a second and turned to Merida. He smiled but his smile showed his ugly, half yellow half rotten, teeth which made Merida shake with disgust. Toothless growled frightening as he took a step forward. “Don't make him angry. You won't like him, when he's angry. And we would be angry too, wouldn't we?”, Hiccup said, playing the cool, but this time it worked. The troop stepped back. But it wasn't Toothless who scared them and Merida's eyes widen as she turned around to see why. A big troop of guards and her Father. Armed and ready to fight. They had on intention. Getting Merida and even if this means to kill Hiccup and Toothless. They brought Angus to convince her to come and send him towards her. Maybe a bit stupid but her father was confident he would bring her back. Merida looked up to Hiccup, but his eyes fixed on the guards. He was thinking. He loves Merida and doesn't want to lose her, but it seems like he had to. “Hiccup.”, Merida whispered dejected. He looked to her and gave her a smile. He looked at Angus, only a few meters away from them. He gulped and turned to Merida, embracing her into a tight hug and whispering in her ear. “Listen... fade everything out but my voice. I never felt like I did the first time I saw you. I never thought you would like me as much as I do like you.” Merida's eyes got wider with every word he said and Angus was getting really close, until we was finally there. “And I have to say you something really important... I love you. And because of that, I have to leave you! We are from different worlds but we are always connected. I'm sorry Merida...” He gave her a kiss in the cheek and the king and his followers gasped in unison. Hiccup picked her up and Merida felt her heart break into thousand pieces as she pulled him close for a last, desired and strong kiss but she was to weak to hold it as he lifted her on her horse and gave Angus a smack on the backside, causing him to run back to the king. As soon as he started galloping, streams of tears flow out of Merida's eyes and she could barely breath. Hiccup regret doing this. He wanted to run after her, apologize and kiss her again, be he wasn't allowed to. The urge made him step forward but after one step was done, he stood there, not moving with tears in his eyes while biting his lip. The king didn't expected that to happen. He expected a fight, or that they fly away on Toothless. No one besides Merida and Hiccup knew what he said, but still the king knew, he had no other choice. No choice but let her go. He gulped and turned to his daughter, falling from the horse, crying. He didn't want to see her like that. She landed on her knees, right beside him. The first guards were about to go and Fergus said nothing, looking guilty at his only daughter, sitting on the ground with a broken heart he causes. He shouldn't have done this, and he knew it. He knew it well.

(A/N: Hey! I'm sorry to tell you, but I think the story will come to an end soon! I will write something new but let's just talk about this in the very last chapter. I hope you enjoyed my story so far. Also, thakns for over 270+ reads an 20 votes! I love you all for your support and the cheering comments! You guys keep me writing! :D )